“A Light Lunch In Margate”
Review of Fort's Cafe

Fort's Cafe
Ranked #25 of 186 Restaurants in Margate
Price range: US$5 - US$18
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Deal, United Kingdom
“A Light Lunch In Margate”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I doubt I would of ventured into this delightful café any time soon had it not been for my daughter insisting on how 'great' it was.. on arrival I saw a retro style café with books hanging on the walls..and apparently theres a vinyl night.. take your own records.. I liked it already.. the menu was simple but quaint.. rose ice cream.. beetroot coleslaw.. (DELICIOUS). Lunch arrived and we tucked in. Delightful... fresh and full of flavour. I had fish and the others had spicy sausage..
The staff really pleasant , service quick and easy,and child friendly.
The Fort Café reminded me of a fifties French bar/café where someone might get out a guitar and play it as the room hums with conversation..
I didn't just like Forts Café... I loved it!!! Just check out when they are open though as they do keep odd hours... perhaps that is what makes it a place to return to.. its different to the 'normal' seafront café! Well done

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank Laura T

Broadstairs, United Kingdom
“Doughnut heaven”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Stopped by Forts today because my friend had heard about the Jack Daniels custard doughnuts that had been made this morning. I hate doughnuts and Jack Daniels but... These babies...oh god... Words will never explain how good these little balls of heaven filled delight actually are! I even took some away for my friends (one ended up not reaching said friend. Soz, not soz) Apart from the doughnuts Forts is one of my favourite places to eat, a simple menu, well priced and always delicious. If you're in for breakfast I can recommend scrambled eggs or the herring with bubble a squeak. They also have things happening in the evenings too, I think there's a music quiz and a beer tasting during June.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Katevbl13
london
“Easy”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Monsooned away from the brilliant Viking Ship Cafe this morning, we racked our brains for an alternative and one of our number suggested Forts, although a bit of a schlep from where we were, we hotfooted it to this retro jewel.

Its menu is quality and everything is executed as you would expect. It's been pitched perfectly, as has been said, a place to eat and just relax, read the papers in no rush, great service and top ingredients.

Why not 5 green dots? Blackpudding brilliant but coffee sadly mediocre...damn that monsoon!

• Visited June 2014
Snodland
“Probably the best cafe in the world...”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

This place is just sheer class. Full retro feel and ambience the quirky decor adding to its charm. The menu is simple but brilliant. I love the support for British products down to Kentisbury wine and ales. The burger is to die for.

3 Thank Neil M
Dublin, Ireland
“Great breakfast in Fort's Cafe”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Visited Fort's cafe when visiting Margate recently. This is a great little restaurant that offers an excellent variety and quality of wood - have the mackerel for breakfast its amazing.
We will be sure to visit again when we return in the summer.
Staff are really warm and friendly, we arrived before opening time and were very kindly alllowed in and provided with a coffee while we waited for opening.
Well done Forts - please extend your opening hours soon