“Great Stay”
Review of The Burlington

The Burlington
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Margate
The Burlington
Ranked #8 of 11 Margate B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I was visiting Margate from New York just after hurricane Sandy.I have friends in the area.I had a single room in the front overlooking the sea.It was truly delightful.The room was warm with a great television.It was supplied with fresh coffee every day.I was totally left alone to come and go as pleased.It is also minutes away from the High Speed train to London.I am a great fan of this hotel.I fully intend to stay there this November if I can. Jeff Tandy New York Resident

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 September 2013

I booked at the Burlington a month or so in advance for a 2 night stay and called the day before to double check it was ok. I was told I could arrive at 11am but said 6pm was fine. On arrival the male owner seemed to think I was in a party of 4, then after a few minutes of discussion with his mum they said i couldn't have the room. I left and spent an hour phoning round, not ideal on a Friday night. As I was leaving they said I could come back for a night if I was stuck, by then I had enough of being there.

No doubt there will be a reply saying it was a mistake, but they had my number and they could have called. I guess they got a better offer for the room.

Poor service hence the single star.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank marting
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Just at the tail end of a two night stay. Stayed with my wife and toddler. We were made to feel very welcome. Great value considering it was over a bank holiday weekend. Comfortable, clean rooms and superbly positioned for the beach and station. The owner really went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed too.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2013

The Burlington is nicely positioned to be within easy reach of everything you need in Margate - near the train station, across the road from the main beach and tidal swimming pool, and a short walk to the Old Town. Many other guest houses look rather tired but Pauline and Richard work hard to keep this charming old property up to modern standards. The deluxe first floor room we stayed in is immaculate and its bay window feels like a glazed balcony with pleasant views of the beach and promenade.
Margate itself is a mix of vibrant seaside chic, decaying grandeur plus a few ancient relics. The resort's history is laid out for all to see, warts and all, and that's part of its charm. There's lots to see around East Kent - Broadstairs, Ramsgate, Richborough Fort, Deal/ Falmer/ Dover Castles and much more. We enjoyed a fascinating stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Across the road from the sea / beach and ideal stay for families. A fridge in the room and all the usual tea / coffee making stuff with biscuits !! very clean room and en -suite with large lounge downstairs with big screen tv and coffee machine.Attentive staff. considering this is priced better than the big group hotel chains its a bargin ***** stars all the way !!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea facing room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank katielittlered87
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed in The Burlington for two nights with friends. The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was excellent. The rooms were clean and the location is excellent - very close to the station and one of Margate's beaches. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 14 July 2013

The Burlington was a fantastic place to stay on our summer hols. It's in a perfect location, and what really made it was the gorgeous sea view from our window. Margate sunsets are breathtaking. All the staff at the hotel were so friendly and made us feel very welcome. The cooked breakfasts were delicious. The room was spotless, with a handy fridge and free wi-fi. Really, for budget prices this is an exceptional hotel and totally worth the long train journey from Liverpool!

We stayed here for 3 nights before moving on along the coast on our holidays, but could have easily stayed in Margate for the week - such a lovely place with lots of great things to see. The Turner Contemporary is fantastic, and there are lots of lovely independent galleries and shops to explore too, with a nice vintage market in the old town on a Sunday. Afternoon tea at the Walpole Bay Hotel was amazing! Have a pint in Turner's old drinking den, eat some fresh seafood at the harbour, explore the mysterious Shell Grotto, relax on the perfect sandy beaches...Margate was a revelation. Thanks so much for a lovely stay at The Burlington!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple