“Great place to stay”
Review of The Burlington

The Burlington
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Margate
The Burlington
Ranked #8 of 11 Margate B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 November 2013

While I was working on a construction project in Margate, I, and many work colleagues, stayed at the Burlington on and off for many weeks between January and July of this year. I found the hotel to be of a very good standard of comfort and very reasonably priced.
During my frequent stays, I got to know Richard the owner quite well and will know he will be gutted by reviews like the one from Roxana as he is putting in a lot of effort and money fully refurbishing rooms to a high standard.
I stayed in quite a few different rooms during my time there, before and after refurbishment, and all of them were always very presentable, clean and warm, beds very comfortable. There aren't many places that will supply you with a fridge and microwave in your room either like they do at the Burlington.
I would definitely stay here again if I'm ever back in this area and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Brico59

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Worn, outdated, unkempt. Suggested by an associate who, what's the proper term, is frugal. Cheap in plain US English. I should have known better.I saw some lovely old B&B's that would have suited me much better. I may visit Margate again but never at this shoddy excuse for a hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Roxana A
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I was visiting Margate from New York just after hurricane Sandy.I have friends in the area.I had a single room in the front overlooking the sea.It was truly delightful.The room was warm with a great television.It was supplied with fresh coffee every day.I was totally left alone to come and go as pleased.It is also minutes away from the High Speed train to London.I am a great fan of this hotel.I fully intend to stay there this November if I can. Jeff Tandy New York Resident

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I booked at the Burlington a month or so in advance for a 2 night stay and called the day before to double check it was ok. I was told I could arrive at 11am but said 6pm was fine. On arrival the male owner seemed to think I was in a party of 4, then after a few minutes of discussion with his mum they said i couldn't have the room. I left and spent an hour phoning round, not ideal on a Friday night. As I was leaving they said I could come back for a night if I was stuck, by then I had enough of being there.

No doubt there will be a reply saying it was a mistake, but they had my number and they could have called. I guess they got a better offer for the room.

Poor service hence the single star.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank marting
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Just at the tail end of a two night stay. Stayed with my wife and toddler. We were made to feel very welcome. Great value considering it was over a bank holiday weekend. Comfortable, clean rooms and superbly positioned for the beach and station. The owner really went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed too.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2013

The Burlington is nicely positioned to be within easy reach of everything you need in Margate - near the train station, across the road from the main beach and tidal swimming pool, and a short walk to the Old Town. Many other guest houses look rather tired but Pauline and Richard work hard to keep this charming old property up to modern standards. The deluxe first floor room we stayed in is immaculate and its bay window feels like a glazed balcony with pleasant views of the beach and promenade.
Margate itself is a mix of vibrant seaside chic, decaying grandeur plus a few ancient relics. The resort's history is laid out for all to see, warts and all, and that's part of its charm. There's lots to see around East Kent - Broadstairs, Ramsgate, Richborough Fort, Deal/ Falmer/ Dover Castles and much more. We enjoyed a fascinating stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Across the road from the sea / beach and ideal stay for families. A fridge in the room and all the usual tea / coffee making stuff with biscuits !! very clean room and en -suite with large lounge downstairs with big screen tv and coffee machine.Attentive staff. considering this is priced better than the big group hotel chains its a bargin ***** stars all the way !!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea facing room.