“Exceptional”
Review of The Burlington

The Burlington
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Margate
The Burlington
Ranked #8 of 11 Margate B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Turned up at the burlington rather desperate after the place we originally booked was appalling. Richard was very accommodating & didn't even want cash up front. Nice clean and well serviced room. Many thanks

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is our third stay at the Burlington Hotel and we love it.Their rooms are lovely and clean the owners are lovely people who make you fell welcome.Right opposite the beach what more could you want a really good place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2014

me and my wife came to margate for a week holiday and stayed here found it very welcoming and friendly would recomened this hotel to anyone going to margate for a holiday i will defently book again for our next break thank you for a lovely stay richard and pauline

Room Tip: dont matter what room all rooms are high quialty
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2014

A must place to stay in Margate,friendly super clean top location opposite beach and at the start of the shopping street. Richard the owner is very helpful with a lot of good suggestions of what to see and do in the area. Out of 10 20.....

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Well its coming up to that time again to book our family holiday, we will of course be staying at The Burlington!
The hotel is comfortable and very clean, the owners are wonderful, helpful and always there if you need anything.
We wouldnt want to stay anywhere else.
Richard and Pauline are the best!
See you in the summer.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2013

While I was working on a construction project in Margate, I, and many work colleagues, stayed at the Burlington on and off for many weeks between January and July of this year. I found the hotel to be of a very good standard of comfort and very reasonably priced.
During my frequent stays, I got to know Richard the owner quite well and will know he will be gutted by reviews like the one from Roxana as he is putting in a lot of effort and money fully refurbishing rooms to a high standard.
I stayed in quite a few different rooms during my time there, before and after refurbishment, and all of them were always very presentable, clean and warm, beds very comfortable. There aren't many places that will supply you with a fridge and microwave in your room either like they do at the Burlington.
I would definitely stay here again if I'm ever back in this area and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Brico59
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Worn, outdated, unkempt. Suggested by an associate who, what's the proper term, is frugal. Cheap in plain US English. I should have known better.I saw some lovely old B&B's that would have suited me much better. I may visit Margate again but never at this shoddy excuse for a hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business