“very comfortable and vallue for money”

Premier Inn Margate Hotel
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Margate
Reviewed 20 June 2011

we went to a wedding in margate and needed a place to stay over night.
The minute we arrived we were welcomed and check in went without any hicups at all.
Very comfortabe bed and pillows, quilt very nice and everything was exceptionally clean.
Tea coffee and milk in room. flat screen TV, and plesant decor.
Must comment on the Breakfast. It was absolutely lovely, non greasy plenty of choice and staff that bent over backwards to help in any way.
For a budget break or an overnight stay would totally reccomend this hotel in margare.

Room Tip: We had room 44 had sea view.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank KentHappytraveller

Reviewed 18 June 2011

The only reason I stayed in this particular location, was because I wanted to visit Dover the next day and couldn't find a decent-priced hotel there on the night I needed. This is a depressing little town and maybe that was in part due to the fact that it was so cold and raining and windy the days I was there. Very dreary little place.

The hotel is literally right next to the train station, which I thought might be a problem for noise, but I never heard a sound from my room. My bed was fine and the room was clean, but it was really outdated and they use keys still and have wood doors, etc. It just isn't like other Premier Inns at which I have stayed.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank floridaflightgal
Reviewed 12 June 2011

I came to Margate for a last minute weekend trip from London to take advantage of sandy beaches and being at the coast. The Premier Inn is a 2 minute walk from the train station making the location perfect. Upon arrival in the morning I was able to check my bag in so I could explore the town before hotel check in at 2pm. The front desk girl was very nice and cheery. When returning several hours later their computer system was down but the same girl was very apologetic and friendly. The room is basic and clean - no frills, comfortable night sleep. I had dinner from the adjoining restaurant which was a good price and I had the option of taking it to my room. I opted to purchase the continental breakfast for an additional 5 GBP which included coffee, juice, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, muffins, toast, etc. Everything was easy and tasted great - it was also all you can eat, which is lovely for the price. I would definitely recommend this location - I also observed people of all ages staying for several nights, a few of whom I heard were returning from previous stays at this location.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank anie477
Reviewed 11 June 2011

The hotel is not exactly luxurious but it's clean and comfortable. It is in a good location as it's only 2mins away from the seaside (which could be seen from our room window) and not too far from shopping etc.

On arrival we were greeted by a friendly receptionist and check-in was quick and easy.
the restaurant (the promenade) is good too and reasonably priced. Breakfast is worth it the price also, especially if you have children as they eat free and was cooked fresh and really nice. The customer service we received was great especially from Steven Neville who was very helpful and friendly during the breakfast service.

There was no problem with the our room except for the fact that it was quite hot, and it didnt seem to cool down after trying to use the control panel in the room but this would not put me off staying again!!! Thank you

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2011

Always have a 1 or 2 night stay here when visiting relatives (6-8 times per year). Never had any major problems - can get busy in summer months but then it is a seaside holiday location.
Staff have always been friendly and accomodating. We always have an evening meal and breakfast and have found that the variety, quality of the food is excellent (I do overdo the 'all you can eat breakfast!) and the prices are very reasonable.
Rooms are clean and comfortable
Would happily reccomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2011

If another occasion presents itself, I would ask for a room on the top floor, to avoid the risk of having a noisy family with children above, but this could have been a "one-off" due to it being a Public Holiday week-end.

Room Tip: As above
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Margate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2011

Many thanks for your review. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, and for this reason your feedback is very much appreciated as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2011

Great location for the beach and train station, both only a couple of minutes walk away but other than that .... look elsewhere. This must be the worst Premier Inn I have ever stayed in - looks like it was refurbished recently but somewhat half heartedly. So, for example, the baths look like new but the sealant is excessive, peeling in places and far from neat. door frames and wood work in poor condition, corners dirty, etc etc the overall feel of the hotel is best described as tired, run down and not cared for.

No Air conditioning, hearting was also turned off so just didnt work, ( the hotel staff did switch one room on for me)

on the positive side the room was large, had a TV and tea making facilities but at £47 single occupancy (£55 double) for Bed and Breakfast overall this was very poor value.

Room Tip: Very close to Beach and Train Station
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Ianfromnotts
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Margate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. It really matters to us that our guest have a comfortable nights sleep, and we guarantee this. For this reason your feedback is very much appreciated as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Margate
2 mi away
Sherwood Hotel
Sherwood Hotel
#6 of 12 in Margate
Travelodge Ramsgate Seafront

Been to Premier Inn Margate Hotel? Share your experiences!