“premier inn margate”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Margate
Hastings, United Kingdom
“premier inn margate”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

brilliant room, clean and tidy, very good staff,good position the the station, restaurant not so brilliant

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank russell1234
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Margate Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Thank you for your review.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our team ensured you were comfortable and well looked after. Please accept my apologies for the disappointment caused with the service you received in the restaurant. Your comments regarding this have been duly noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at the hotel.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Maidstone, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

My boyfreind previously booked the hotel room and arrived in person before me to check in, I arrived later and met him in town, then we went back to the hotel together. Upon arriving, the receptionist on the desk... ;MALCOM'.....proceeded to look me up and down and sternly told my boyfriend I couldn't come in, even thou he had paid for a double room.......I was wearing flat ugg style boots, leggings, a long top and a jacket.
Despite our protests and my blatant display of disgust towards such a disrespectful person, he then threatened to call the POLICE!!!!! So, my boyfreind had paid for a room, and now we couldn't use it because this man thought I was a prostitute!!!
We requested to speak to the manager, as MALCOM was stuck on seemingly not letting us use the PAID FOR ROOM.....his excuse being that my name was not on the documents to stay with my boyfriend. We have stayed at hotels plenty of times before, sometimes under my name, and checking in under one name has never been a problem before, same with restaurants, etc.
After talking to the manager we were eventually allowed entrance to our room.
I have never been so insulted, disgusted, outraged and totally embarrassed and humiliated in my life. I am a Nanny by profession and I work for a police officer, I pay my taxes and work hard to gain respect of others. This man has TOTALLY degraded me and lowered my self esteem, for no reason at all, ruined my night away with my boyfreind and now I feel like burning my clothes and wearing cloths sacks. I wasn't even wearing any makeup!!!!
While we were there a couple of friends who lived in the area (one of the reasons we went to margate) came to see us, and within half hour of them arriving we had a knock on the door and was told if we didn't leave in half hour the police would be called. SHOCKING!!!!! 'by this point i was so upset with the whole situation that we just left and booked in somewhere else, we didn't even get to stay the night here!!! And was refused a refund!!!
So, if you want the above to happen to you, make sure MALCOM is on duty, and he'll assure you of a unpleasant welcome and very short stay...............I am still fuming now!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
11 Thank KazzG
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Margate Hotel, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel.

At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion your stay was less than relaxing. Your experience was far below our usual high standards, but be assured that the incident will be investigated to ensure it does not happen again.

Thank you again for your review; we sincerely hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Southampton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

Stayed for one night at the Premier Inn Margate before my wedding.

The room was clean, tidy and surprisingly modern (large 40" LED television). The staff were friendly and helpful in my limited dealings with them. The bed was a tad soft for my liking, but not so much that it dirupted my sleep.

The hotel is next to the railway station, however the soundproofing of the rooms meant that the railway and road could not be heard at all.

The other guests though were quite noisy in the early morning and late at night - every footstep and banged door sounded as though it was happening outside the room.

Overall it was a good stay because the room did everything that you would expect and was in good condition. The price was right - £39 - because I booked online and took advantage of the discounted room offer.

Room Tip: Book all Premier Inn stays online. It is really easy and you can take advantage of discounted rooms...
bedford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

we use Margate premier quite a lot and have always found it satisfactory, staff are always helpful and friendly. Food is very good and plenty of choice. With the new refurbishment it is better still, we shall be returning in the very near future.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank david l
Zelah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

As the title suggests the Premier does exactly what it says on the tin. Room was clean, tidy and well stocked with toiletries and refreshments. My wife found the mattress a touch hard, but I thought it perfect.

Food was satisfactory, but the premier never claim to be fine dining, drinks were served efficiently and presented well. The breakfast is fantastic, with a multitude of choice and a Costa Coffee machine, it seems a bit steep, but in reality a fry up anywhere is a quite expensive and you get the continental bits as well if you pay the dollar........then don't eat for at least a week.

Staff were pleasant and polite in the restaurant at breakfast and in the evenings, always helpful and gave us some good info about the locality. The best service was at Reception, the lady who checked us in was magic, and the lady who was working the next day was equally lovely and brilliant. Customer service is far from dead!

Overall, we had a very nice stay!

Tom.

Room Tip: Pick a sea facing room, but a side room over looking the train station is a winner for people watchi...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Thomas P
Chorley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Good clean quiet hotel. Very friendly and helpful receptionist. Family room had enough space for 2 adults and teenager. Bed was really comfortable and allowed a good sleep.

Hereford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

Stayed for one night on the way to Dover, the room was one of the best we'd ever stayed in! New, extremely clean and perfectly ergonomic. The staff were beyond excellent in every way, including the restaurant staff. The meal we had was excellent as well.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Margate
Sands Hotel
#6 of 12 in Margate
The Botany Bay Hotel
The Botany Bay Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kingsgate

Been to Premier Inn Margate Hotel? Share your experiences!