“Premier Inn Margate”

Premier Inn Margate Hotel
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Margate
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Nice located Hotel for a short stay in Margate.
We went for a weekend break and had a nice time to find out where my girlfriend was born spend a part of her youth .Enjoyed the full-style English breakfast.
Quite double bed room with an extra bed for our boy.Comfortable clean room with a big TV.Clean bathroom with all amenities.
Staff at the counter,restaurant and bar was friendly and helpfull and asked frequently if all was OK.(Never had that experience in a Dutch hotel yet!) in such a way that they were concerned about their customers.Very appreciated!Can really recommend this hotel for a nice and pleasant stay for family or business.

Room Tip: Seaside view from first floor.
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Margate Hotel

Reviewed 11 May 2012

Good location for central Margate and Turner Gallery, ample parking, very friendly reception. Rooms very quiet with triple glazing which filtered out all traffic noise

Room Tip: Try to get a sea view
Reviewed 9 May 2012

A very nice hotel in a good location in Margate. Opposite the beach and next to the train station with very easy access to London. Just a short walk to everything there is to do in Margate, well the few things to do in Margate anyway.

We had two twin rooms between the four of us, situated across the corridor from each other. The views from each room weren't special, one of a car park and one of the roof (though you could see the sea a little bit), but since we didn't plan on sitting looking out the window all night it didn't matter to us at all.

The rooms were very clean and had plenty of room, the beds were of a very good size. Everything you expect from a Premier Inn and we paid little over £50 per room, making this a very safe choice of hotel.

The bar was nice, although we didn't eat in the restaurant so I can't comment on the food.

The staff were great, especially one gorgeous girl (Becca I think??) who had to deal with us being a little tipsy. All of them were friendly and happy to help.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 May 2012

The room was clean and tidy, we were staying as a family,the room was big enough to accommodate all of us.
The bed was comfy -this coming from someone with a memory foam mattress!

The staff were very friendly and felt they would of gone the extra mile, especially the lovely ladies on reception!

Breakfast and meals were all very nice.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

brilliant room, clean and tidy, very good staff,good position the the station, restaurant not so brilliant

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank russell1234
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Margate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Thank you for your review.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our team ensured you were comfortable and well looked after. Please accept my apologies for the disappointment caused with the service you received in the restaurant. Your comments regarding this have been duly noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at the hotel.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

My boyfreind previously booked the hotel room and arrived in person before me to check in, I arrived later and met him in town, then we went back to the hotel together. Upon arriving, the receptionist on the desk... ;MALCOM'.....proceeded to look me up and down and sternly told my boyfriend I couldn't come in, even thou he had paid for a double room.......I was wearing flat ugg style boots, leggings, a long top and a jacket.
Despite our protests and my blatant display of disgust towards such a disrespectful person, he then threatened to call the POLICE!!!!! So, my boyfreind had paid for a room, and now we couldn't use it because this man thought I was a prostitute!!!
We requested to speak to the manager, as MALCOM was stuck on seemingly not letting us use the PAID FOR ROOM.....his excuse being that my name was not on the documents to stay with my boyfriend. We have stayed at hotels plenty of times before, sometimes under my name, and checking in under one name has never been a problem before, same with restaurants, etc.
After talking to the manager we were eventually allowed entrance to our room.
I have never been so insulted, disgusted, outraged and totally embarrassed and humiliated in my life. I am a Nanny by profession and I work for a police officer, I pay my taxes and work hard to gain respect of others. This man has TOTALLY degraded me and lowered my self esteem, for no reason at all, ruined my night away with my boyfreind and now I feel like burning my clothes and wearing cloths sacks. I wasn't even wearing any makeup!!!!
While we were there a couple of friends who lived in the area (one of the reasons we went to margate) came to see us, and within half hour of them arriving we had a knock on the door and was told if we didn't leave in half hour the police would be called. SHOCKING!!!!! 'by this point i was so upset with the whole situation that we just left and booked in somewhere else, we didn't even get to stay the night here!!! And was refused a refund!!!
So, if you want the above to happen to you, make sure MALCOM is on duty, and he'll assure you of a unpleasant welcome and very short stay...............I am still fuming now!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
12  Thank KazzG
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Margate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel.

At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion your stay was less than relaxing. Your experience was far below our usual high standards, but be assured that the incident will be investigated to ensure it does not happen again.

Thank you again for your review; we sincerely hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

Stayed for one night at the Premier Inn Margate before my wedding.

The room was clean, tidy and surprisingly modern (large 40" LED television). The staff were friendly and helpful in my limited dealings with them. The bed was a tad soft for my liking, but not so much that it dirupted my sleep.

The hotel is next to the railway station, however the soundproofing of the rooms meant that the railway and road could not be heard at all.

The other guests though were quite noisy in the early morning and late at night - every footstep and banged door sounded as though it was happening outside the room.

Overall it was a good stay because the room did everything that you would expect and was in good condition. The price was right - £39 - because I booked online and took advantage of the discounted room offer.

Room Tip: Book all Premier Inn stays online. It is really easy and you can take advantage of discounted rooms...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family