Premier Inn Margate Hotel
Sands Hotel(Margate)
US$189
  • Breakfast included
Smiths Court Hotel(Margate)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$86
Travelocity
Travelodge Margate Westwood(Margate)(Great Value!)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrailway stationbrewers fayremain buildingmeal dealsea frontair conrestaurant attachedall you can eatplay areacar parksea viewbudget hotelreception staffplenty of parkingexcellent locationfamily roomgood nights sleep
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Very welcoming staff, location great for beach and town,we had room 31 overlooking carpark and railway station did not cause any issues in fact likeing trains it was a bonus. Oh and the bed that just wouldn't fit in the suitcase!!.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Chris C
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Facilities were spotless, but the overriding factor which has really left both my wife and I with a wide smile was the professional and courteous welcome and assistance we received from all the staff throughout our stay. Beds are fantastic, and rooms are a nice size. Breakfast buffet style and really good value. All in all a great stay - might not have the character of an independent but it was good value and stress free, leaving us to enjoy our visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Adrian M
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I booked well in advance and got a price of £70 for the two nights I stayed here in mid-May. While I have used Travelodge hotels in the UK, I had not patronised a Premier Inn. The room was large and well-lit - there was no problem reading anywhere. The hotel did not have air-con, which could be a problem in hot weather. Instead, there a stand-alone electric fan provided in the room. The approx 42in TV had the full range of Freeview channels, including radio. I was also pleased to find that there was no shortage of electricity sockets. However, there was no shaver socket in the bathroom. Anyone with a mains operated electric shaver - or with the need to recharge a battery one and no adaptor - would have a problem. There was a bath with a shower over it. The room was very clean. PI could be a little more generous with the coffee sachets and tea bags provided - even Travelodge give four scahets of coffee, two of them decaffeinated. I hhave no doubt that I could have obtained more from reception.

I did not have the breakfast for two reasons: unlimited food is too tempting and £8.75 is expensive. Instead I walked to the nearby Wetherspoons pub and had a cooked breakfast with unlimited coffee for less than £4. While the Brewers Fayre pub, which is part of the PI, had a special offer of £10 for two meals, I was a single and resented having to pay £2 or more over the odds. I also had my evening meal at Wetherspoons.

The room was quiet even though it faced the busy sea front and was next to the railway station. I did not hear the other other guests either. I enjoyed my stay and would happily stay there again or at another PI.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank 1948Mike
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Room good value for money, restaurant steak and ale pie and chips tasteless. We used to be a regular user of Premier Inns prior to working abroad for the last two years, the deterioration in the quality of the food over this period is marked.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The accommodation is fine. Full English Breakfast freshly and well cooked, although their choice of sausage needs improvement. Staff helpful. Free car parking. On one day, we were rather aware of some noxious cleaning fluid. Overall, we were happy with our stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends