This little hotel is like 'the house that Jack built". It has some funny rooms with extra doors and spaces a that don't make sense, but once you get over that, its kind of quaint. It has a great view of the ocean. I didn't have an ocean view room, but their views would have been lovely. I had a view of the back street which wasn't as salubrious, but was interesting. The first room that I was put in had bird poo all over the window. I don't just mean a little drop, I mean this bird went to town! It was off putting, so I called the reception and spoke to Tina. Nothing was a bother to Tina, she was happy and pleasant to deal with really made my stay there worthwhile. They have a restaurant attached called "The Orangery" which is open for breakfast and dinner. I had a lovely dinner and the service there was also excellent.
I don't know if I would stay here again, soley based on the fact that there are 100's of places to choose from and some closer to the action of the main part of town. The Smiths Court is a bit to far away to walk into town, however I would recommend it to people who wanted to stay out of the busy part.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful Edwardian hotel, with 43 rooms. A number of single, double, twin, and family rooms. Also sea-view rooms available, or executive rooms and family suites. Full disabled access to the hotel, and specifically designed disabled rooms available. Free off-street parking, and plenty of free on-street parking outside. Eat in The Orangery restaurant attached, with a great sea view and stunning marble floors. Sit in our lounge and watch the sea, have a drink or afternoon tea. At Smiths Court, the only thing we overlook is the sea... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Smiths Court Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smiths Court Cliftonville
- Smiths Court Hotel Margate, Kent