I have stayed in hotels of far higher standing than the Smiths Court, and many of them would do well to look here for an example of how to run a hotel. I stayed with my wife and friends for a weekend away, and throughout the staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast is a buffet bar for cereal, fresh fruit and fruit salad etc. The cooked breakfast is cooked to order. Evening meals in the Orangery restaurant were fantastic, with a standard menu supplemented by daily specials. Orders for evening meals were taken in the bar, and then the party was called through when the first course was ready to be served, although we could have chosen to sit down and order if we had wished. I have to say I was impressed with the en suite kitchen, although I suspect not all rooms have this facility! It is just a shame our stay was too short to warrant it's use. I have to say I wasn't overly attracted to Margate itself, but there are plenty of other attractions within a short drive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful Edwardian hotel, with 43 rooms. A number of single, double, twin, and family rooms. Also sea-view rooms available, or executive rooms and family suites. Full disabled access to the hotel, and specifically designed disabled rooms available. Free off-street parking, and plenty of free on-street parking outside. Eat in The Orangery restaurant attached, with a great sea view and stunning marble floors. Sit in our lounge and watch the sea, have a drink or afternoon tea. At Smiths Court, the only thing we overlook is the sea... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Smiths Court Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smiths Court Cliftonville
- Smiths Court Hotel Margate, Kent