“very good”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rainham
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
“very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

I stayed at the premier Inn for three nights and was very happy with my stay. The staff were friendly and very helpful, the room was clean and comfortable.I would stay there again ,it was close to the train station so very convenient.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

I found the hotel staff to be very friendly and courteous. The hotel was clean and the rooms were spacious and comfortable.

I did, however, find the food (dinner, not breakfast) in the attached "Beefeater" restaurant to be disappointing. I had the chargrilled chicken, vegetables and linguine pasta. The vegetables were unidentifiable by both sight and taste, the sauce for the pasta was watery and the chicken was a little on the tough side.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Douglas, null, Isle Of Man
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

I arrived at this hotel at 2110 on foot, tired and hungry after a long journe. I was pleased to be told on check-in that the attached Beefeater restaurant served meals until 2200. I quickly stashed my luggage in my room, went around to the restaurant, and was seated by the staff in the bar area, given a menu, and asked to order at the bar. After choosing my food, I attempted to order. I was then met with the news that the restaurant was closing early because the staff had been in a meeting to discuss a new menu that had been introduced. I was dismayed! I was basically turfed back onto the street to find an eating place, and eventually found an Indian Restaurant half a mile or so back down the A2 towards Rainham, and finally got my evening meal.

The hotel itself was fine, the room clean, comfortable and a good size. Other than the problem with the restaurant the staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was OK, but the full english had palid, just cooked sausages on the first day, and on the second, over done, leathery scrambled eggs.

Unfortunately, I have to rate this hotel poor on the experience I actually had. On another day, it would probably be higher.

Room Tip: There aren't any lifts, so ask for a ground floor room if that will be an issue for you.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Martin T
Ormiston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

Once you have been to one Premier Inn you have been to them all, but this was a little bit different. Huge room, enough to have a dance in, very friendly staff, and good food. And as Lenny says you will have a great night's sleep, it was a very comfortable bed!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank KennybOrmiston
Sudbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

Had a good time and everybody was friendly and helpful, the room was excellent plenty of room and very clean and the staff were great and the site of the premier was near everywhere I wanted to go thank you for a great weekend

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Antas, Andalucia, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2013

Hotel was very good the staff were friendly and helpful, the room was spotlessly clean and lovely and warm very welcoming on a cold frosty evening. The evening meal was lovely my steak cooked exactly as I asked for it to be done and very reasonably priced, I didn't have breakfast as I don't actually eat breafast so I can't comment on that one. This is one hotel I would definately use again if I was in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Marie C
Huddersfield
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2012

As with all Premier Inns.. they have no soul - feels like a hospital
Breakfast is barely edible and totally overpriced
Independant hotels are far better value for money - you'll be treated like a person and not like cattle.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank cheesmanbiggs
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Rainham (Kent) Hotel, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
Thank you for your review.

At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants.

We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please be assured that your comments will be duly followed up by Customer Services and the Management Team at this hotel.

We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Naina

Social Media Team,
Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rainham
Premier Inn Gillingham Business Park Hotel
Premier Inn Chatham/Gillingham (Victory Pier) Hotel
Premier Inn Sittingbourne Kent Hotel
The King Charles Hotel
The King Charles Hotel
#1 of 2 in Gillingham
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham

Been to Premier Inn Rainham (Kent) Hotel? Share your experiences!