“???”

Premier Inn Rainham (Kent) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rainham
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Could have been better. Went 4 hour's from home to visit grandparents graves which was emotional anyway & took my retired parent's & 6 year old daughter. Restaurant was poor on arrival but breakfast better. Window would not shut & air conditioning was working periodically

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank staffy2014

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Good, helpful and friendly staff at reception, staff in the bar and dining area were pleasant, although could have done with more when busy. We had an evening meal in the pub attached which was very good and not bad value for money. My gripe is that the Breakfast was I felt very overpriced.
On the hole it was an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank theh0telchecker
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Staff at the Premier Inn on the High Street in Rainham, Kent were excellent. The Inn is very small and new, so the building is in excellent condition.
I didn't eat at their restaurant but I did look at their menu and it seemed very comprehensive.
I have never managed to get a "Lennie Henry " price yet at a Premier Inn and felt that £158.00 was expensive-- but it was an emergency late booking for two people that went down to only me.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I was dreading this overnight stay but it exceeded my expectations. I am surprised by how impressed I am. I was a late arrival & received the warmest welcome from Barry on reception (who is awesome). The room was comfortable and clean and I had a really nice stay. There are no lifts here only stairs but I was offered help to take my bags up and they brought the iron and ironing board for me when I asked. Everyone was really lovely!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dana J
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Travelled up to Kent for my girlfriends auntie and uncle's wedding. We chose this hotel because it was the cheapest one in the area, close to the wedding reception. Room was perfect, after a long hot day our room was a very cold temperature which cooled us down straight away. Room was clean and organised. Everything was perfect for our stay. We had a kingsize bed and a single bed for our daughter, room was big enough with an en-suite. All in all: Perfect. Friendly receptionists.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Doddy46
Reviewed 14 May 2014

What a great service we had, myself my wife my daughter aged 20 months and son aged 12 weeks. We stayed in the family room, it was spacious and very clean.Thankyou for the great service provided. nothing was to much for the staff's thanks.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David C
Reviewed 1 May 2014

First off the staff were fantastic all the way through right from making enquiries before booking up until the time we left. We have a son with special needs and needed to make special arrangements for the room, they were very accommodating, providing us with the largest room in the hotel and ensuring that all our needs were being met. The quality of the staffing at the hotel was so good that we felt the need to write to the hotel manager to compliment Tracey on reception (I do hope the feedback was passed on to her).

As with all Premier Inns it was spotlessly clean, this is quite a new one too which of course helps as nothing is worn, but even by Premier Inn standards this hotel was sparkling.

Based on the above it would have got a 5 star rating from us however this is quite a noisy hotel, you could hear nothing at all from outside of the hotel but internally this was one of the noisiest hotels we've stayed in. Usually the doors are all quite solid and you may hear a dull sound as one closes and a murmur from people walking by but here you could hear doors banging all over the place, the people in the next rooms (and beyond) talking, plus the most annoying was hearing the guest above walking around all over the place for an hour and a half in the morning, OK it could have been worse, but I wanted to go up there and tell them to just sit still for goodness sake! The other let down in the actual hotel was that we all woke in the morning with quite bad sore throats and croaky voices, something to do with the air con perhaps?

The biggest let down though was the breakfast. These always vary greatly from restaurant to restaurant but this was easily the worst we have had at a Premier Inn. It was cooked to order rather than buffet (midweek stay) which I don't like anyway so we had to wait some time for the cooked items which when they arrived were swimming in grease. I transferred mine from one plate to another to try to lose some of the grease, but still had to transfer to another plate with a napkin on to mop up yet more remaining grease. It wasn't a good standard at all either, the hash browns were a soggy lump, the bacon had clearly been sat for a long time and the mushrooms were massive closed cup ones, not even cut up or anything. Needless to say most of the cooked food went uneaten and to top this all off they ran out of white bread very early on. Very few staff (I only saw 2 on the floor) and they couldn't keep up with demand at the continental section, even though there were maybe 5 tables in. It really wasn't good but with having 3 children with us it works out cheaper for us to order 2 of the Premier breakfasts than to order 5 continental breakfasts even if we do not have anything cooked.

If we needed a hotel in the area again we would probably try the one just down the road near the big B&Q and see what that one is like which is a real shame as the staff were just fantastic here, but the other issues were too big for us to say we would come back. It was a pleasant stay, made much better by the staff, but the noise and the breakfast let everything else down.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rainham
Travelodge Medway M2
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
The Inn on the Lake
The Inn on the Lake
#4 of 5 in Gravesend

Been to Premier Inn Rainham (Kent) Hotel? Share your experiences!