“Lovely Restaurant, great authentic food, nice staff”
Review of Darjeeling Heights

Darjeeling Heights
Ranked #6 of 29 Restaurants in Rainham
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Through passion, pride and great dedication, Darjeeling Heights has gained a unique position in Kent social and dinning environment. Our meticulously prepared regional cuisine and British favourite dishes by our master chefs, specially prepared wine list and cocktail menu, beautiful setting in midst of wonderful images of Darjeeling. Our seamless service and welcoming smile have created a wonderful atmosphere of relaxed elegance.
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely Restaurant, great authentic food, nice staff”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I came here for my birthday and it was really a pleasant surprise, was really clean, fresh and open in the restaurant, was nice and bright and the lighting was pleasant too.
The staff were very nice, all friendly and welcoming.
The food was great too, real authentic indian cuisine, presented beautifully too.

Would definitely go back, I recommend this restaurant, although it is a little pricey for some things!!

• Visited October 2013

Gillingham, United Kingdom
“Good original Indian food”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The restaurant provides high quality food with plenty of dishes not found in a standard Indian restaurant. Chicken tandoori and chicken ticks portions are huge. However, kitty or doggy bags are provided. The Sunday buffet is good value. Normal family of four prices with a bbottle of wine around £140, so expensive.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Clare M
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
“Take away review”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Just eaten a takeaway from Darjeeling Heights. Comfortable seating area to sit while choosing our meal. Friendly staff. Food arrived in a special take away box, easy to transport and didn't leak! The food was hot and very tasty. Will certainly try the restaurant in the near future

Visited May 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Great food, poor acknowledgment of women, outrageous 12.5% automatic gratuity charge”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is one of the best Indian restaurants in Medwy. The food is really good and the ambience of the restaurant is nice. But that is where it stops.
My husband and I went here twice in May 2014, once with a group of 6 (3 men, 3 women), the other time with just the two of us. Both times I noticed that the men in the group were welcomed "Hello Sir", "Welcome back" etc, but not once were the women acknowledged at the door. When leaving it was the same thing. In this day and age in a western country I expect to be treated with respect and acknowledged. While I understand that there may be some cultural differences, this restaurant is located in England and as such I don't expect to be treated any differently. This is the ONLY restaurant where I have ever encountered such treatment.
Futhermore, I find it outrageous that a 12.5% gratuity is automatically added to the bill. I am very happy to tip for good service but this is earned on merit and should not automatically be added. I wonder how many people notice this and give a tip as well.
We went to a number of other excellent restaurants in the Medway area and I would be happy to recommend them, rather than this restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank misterchester12
“Good Friday lunchtime curry”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Yes very tasty, well presented the service was first class, Trouble with some of us is that we are wanting cheap cheap cheap but sometimes it is nice to pay a little extra to get extra service, tasty food, and a well presented restaurant.

Loved the Lassi!!