“Very average no nonsense Indian house!”
Review of Raj Rani - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Kent, United Kingdom
“Very average no nonsense Indian house!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Have had a meal several times here, have always had sensible food, service and value for money!
Staff have always been accommodating even when we have been worse for drink!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Westham64

Marden, United Kingdom
“It's been rubbish since it opened many years ago”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I used to live in Rainham, in fact i was born there. My grandparents are Burmese and my grandfather was born in Lahor and I've been eating Asian cuisine for over thirty years and am an experienced amateur cook. I consider that I know a thing or two about Indian/Bangladeshi cuisine and can honestly say that I was I'll the first time I ate here. All my mates used to love the place and insisted we went after a few beers at the weekends. I've been back many times and although I was never ill a second time the food is dire and the service little better. Your packed in elbow to elbow and its your usual high street pub chuck out Indian full of lager louts on the weekends. The food is very average at best and thats being generous, the spicing is awful. I moved away from Rainham 10 years ago and revisited this Indian about 4 months ago hoping it had improved, alas it hadn't and I won't be returning.

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank Noshfordosh
rainham, kent
“Great experience once again! *****5 stars*****”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Once again we had a lovely time with polite friendly service and excellent food! This restaurant never fails to impress us and we can't speak highly enough about it. My advise is to give it a try and I am sure you would agree with us!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank wood235
Medway, United Kingdom
“Not a great experience”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

When we first arrived we were taken to our table and told to mind the leak in the roof where water was dripping straight onto the floor forming a large puddle a couple of tables away. Eventually they did put a bucket there. Not a great start as you had to dodge around this to get to the toilets.
Toilets looked like they hadn't had a good clean in years. There was a dirty piece of soap to wash your hands in the toilet but no paper towels and the hand dryer was outside in the hall.
I agree with previous reviews on how bland the food is. The four of us all had different dishes and we all thought they were really lacking in flavour. We seemed to have some very random crockery as well where nothing matched which seemed odd for a restaurant.
The waiters just lingered over our table waiting for us to finish which was uncomfortable.
On previous occasions the chef has always come out to have a chat to make sure we're happy and usually providing a complimentary dish to try and a free drink at the end of the evening which was always a nice touch. We asked the waiter if the chef was going to come out which he said he would but we never saw him. The restaurant was very quiet when we were there so I'm sure he wasn't too busy.
This restaurant has definitely gone downhill in my opinion. The food, service and atmosphere need to be greatly improved? We won't be returning.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Diane T
Rainham Kent
“Good Food Great Service”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I have eaten here on many occasions and have enjoyed it everytime, the food is tasty and fresh and good quality, the chef even came out when we had finished our main course to inquire if we had enjoyed it, he seemed very pleased when we said we had. The waiters were attentive and poite and interacted well with us, the atmosphere was calm and enjoyable. The courses followed each other at a nice speed and we were asked if we were ready for each course, the food was hot and well presented, nothing was to much trouble. The cost of the meal was reasonable and I will return.

• Visited June 2013