“Mothersday Lunch”
Review of The New Inn

The New Inn
Ranked #9 of 13 Sandwich B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I took mt lovely mum and 15 friends and family to the New Inn for lunch. The food was great a wide range of choices even for our veggie diner. The staff as always where attentive and good fun. This pub is a good all rounder. Suitable for formal or informal get togethers. Cant wait till our next visit. Thank you Brian Linda and staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 April 2014

While in Sandwich my wife and I decided against going into the usual tearooms for lunch and went into The New Inn. It has dark wood panelling, heavy old pub tables and chairs and was full of locals watching the horse racing on t.v...... FABULOUS!!
It is a true pub, not one of these over bright, characterless, lifeless pubs that seem to be the norm now. The food was very very good, generous and a reasonable price.
I wish my local was like this old fashioned New Inn!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This was one of the best experiences of staying in a pub we've ever had. The room was spacious and spotless with plenty of wardrobe space. The staff were always friendly and helpful and the location was in the centre of Sandwich. The full English breakfast was more than adequate and we had one evening meal that was good value for money.

If you wanted to be fussy, you could say that you could hear some noise in the room we were in (above the bar) but the bar doesn't stay open beyond 11pm. The check out time at 10am was a bit early too but overall I'd definitely stay here if I was ever back in Sandwich again.

Would recommend Sandwich to visit for a weekend or a few days. Really lovely streets and countryside with lots of good pubs and some nice restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brenhell
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I stayed here for a couple of nights whilst in the area on business.
The location was good within in the small town of Sandwich. The pub and accommodation upstairs were cosy and comfortable and the service was great. All staff were friendly and I was made to feel welcome.
My room was a twin room with comfortable beds and a full en-suite bathroom.
The room was a good size and clean. I enjoyed staying here. The window did not open in the room for some reason and you could hear some noise from the pub below but these were my only minor complaints.
The breakfast in the morning was lovely and set me up for the day ahead. I would happily stay here again if I was in the area.
The pub is situated around 10 minutes walk from Sandwich train station.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 26 October 2013

This is a traditional pub, (part of the Thorley Tavern group) with accomodation. Free parking was available on the premises which was a bonus. Well appointed and clean rooms. The food offered in the pub was great value and there was plenty of it! Great breakfast the next morning.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank bluewalrus750
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We stayed here for one night on the 5-Sept-2013. We had not booked ahead as we were en route home from touring Europe.

Parking is easy and free with 24 hour CCTV coverage.

Check in is quick and efficient.

Customers; friendly and polite.

Food and ale, very high quality and reasonably priced.

Service; polite, fast and efficient.

Price; very competitive for this area.

In my personal opinion, these people are at the top of their game. Others could learn a great deal from them.

Room Tip: Unfortunately I don't know enough to help on this point.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Fred E
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We booked 3 rooms in this hotel for the wedding of our daughter in Sandwich. It is very central so within easy walking distance of everything. The welcome was great, rooms clean and very comfortable, and we had an excellent full English breakfast. All this together with a reasonable price made us very happy customers!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family