All reviews lovely site short walk co op coop supermarket play area pavilion bar sized pitches clean site shower facilities hard standing friendly lady great pitches number plate recognition interesting shops got bitten fridge freezer great position
Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

Very friendly and helpful staff. Would visit again when next in Sandwich. Good facilities and very clean. Large pitches with water and electric hook up close by. Sandwich is a very pretty town close to many English Heritage sites.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Jill S, Owner at Sandwich Leisure Park Camping, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2016

Hi Liz F

Thank you so much for your review - so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sure to pass your feedback on to our team.

Kind regards,
Jill & the team

Reviewed 11 July 2016

Booked a nights camping for the Folk and Ale Festival over the weekend of the 9th 10th of July 2016. Having used this campsite before, we knew it was wonderfully situated close to the town and although a higher price than other campsites we've used before, we were prepared to pay the premium for the location. Usually great facilities with an amenities block centrally situated, I opened the door of a toilet cubilcle to discover human faeces on the floor. Returned later the following day only to find it had not been cleaned up. Not entirely happy as this campsite is aimed at families, and as any parent knows young children will pick up anything!
I was also duly informed upon making my booking that I would be allowed access out of hours providing I submitted my vehicle registation plate . Upon turning up I was greeted with what I can only describe as a foul tempered, unapproachable owner with a poor attitude and little woman syndrome! I explained what I had been told over the phone to which I was the asked "Am I stupid?"!!! Not one for biting back and evoking an argument I politely tried to explain again thinking she may be hard of hearing or may have possibly misunderstood my explanation first time round. She replied by stating that no vehicular access was permitted out of hours and that by doing so I would wake the whole campsite, to think this would be acceptable was just stupid and to come back at 8am. Biting my tongue as unfortunately this is the only campsite for miles, that is what I did. My review for this campsite would've been superb, 'overlooking the poor hygiene in the toilet block', had it not been for the arrogant and cavalier attitude of the owner. I am a business owner and would never dream of talking to or acting like this in front of my customer's. One of our party was also a serving metropolitan police officer, who on a daily basis has to deal with confrontation and diffuse volatile situations and told me that under no circumstances did our actions warrant such a reaction! Upon asking some friends who live locally we have now come to understand that this is not the first time she has been rude to people and have come to accept this is an ongoing problem.
To sum up this review, I would say that Sandwich in it's entirety is a fantastic quintessential English town, both quaint in its appearance and friendly in it's atmosphere. The campsite is wonderfully situated and when clean the facilities are good. It seems a crying shame that our experience as a whole was spoilt by the actions and brashness of one person. I would actively encourage people to make the trip to Sandwich, revel in it's history and enjoy every feature on offer. If you're a person with a sympathetic disposition and can tolerate other people's rudeness then this campsite is a great solution as it's location is fantastic, but I'll leave that decision to you guys. 'Happy Camping!'

Trip type: Travelled on business
6  Thank dellaferam

Hi dellaferam,

We welcome any and all feedback in order to continually improve our standards and create the most enjoyable experience for ALL of our guests.

As a business owner yourself I am sure you are aware that by allowing you in during peak season at 6am in a very noisy transit that had already awoken me from my sleep, hence we had our conversation whilst I was standing out in my pyjamas, would not have been in the best interest of our many multiple holiday makers trying to sleep in tents.

There are many points to this review that are inaccurate and for someone who 'does not wish to evoke an argument' you have gone out of your way to state I have 'little woman syndrome' and that I am 'hard of hearing'. I can't help but feel this is contradictory.

It is my prerogative to look out for all our holidaymakers and please as many people as we can and allowing you to wake up our guests and then proceed to set up your tent at that time of the morning would not have been coherent with this - which I did explain to you as you proceeded to raise your voice and argue with me at 6am.

The office does not open until 9am and in order to rectify your situation I offered you entry at the more reasonable time of 8am which you accepted. The out of hours entry refers to hours outside of the office being manned which is typically 9-6 - common sense says we will not allow people to come in at any hour to make noise and set up.

As for the hygiene issue raised in the toilet block - our amenities are cleaned twice a day everyday and checked at intervals outside of that. It is strange that we had 600 people staying on the park this weekend and you are the only person to have made this comment and only in this review.

Whilst you believe we may be higher priced compared to other campsites you have visited we recommend that next year you pay a little extra to stay at the premier inn where the reception is manned 24 hours and you can turn up whenever you like.

Regards,
Jill

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

We visit many sites across Kent and Sussex but keep coming back for more.
The facilities are second to none , clean and well maintained. Always a friendly welcome from the staff who will go out of their way to ensure you have an enjoyable experience. Last time we were here in April it was unusually wet and our Motorhome was stuck - the team those soon pulled out with a friendly smile.
A great site , great location and friendly staff - thoroughly recommended whether you are just a couple or family.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Jill S, Manager at Sandwich Leisure Park Camping, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2016

Good to see you back again guys and the weather was good this weekend hope you enjoyed the folk festival and all the activities, look forward to seeing you again soon many thanks for the feedback.

Reviewed 5 July 2016

This is our 2nd time at Sandwich and this year was better than the last. This year there are luxurious 2 bedroom camping huts, with a garden area to sit and BBQ - with the added benefits of it's own toilet.
The site is only a short walk to the Co-op then a little further into town, where you will find a few pubs/restaurants
Be warned you need to pay to access Sandwich Bay. I'd recommend a trip to Deal or Ramsgate

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

Bank holiday weekend We went for a camping trip and met our friends there.when booking they gave us pitches next to each other.

It was mine and my 2 daughters (aged 4 and 6) first time camping and it was such an enjoyable trip.

We was just round the corner to the facilities which was nice as we didn't have far to walk.The toilets/showers were kept very clean. There is also a kitchen with fridge/freezer you can keep things stored in and use the microwaves there also,this was very clean too.The staff are also very helpful and go round doing regular checks on the site.

The girls absolutely loved the camping and also enjoyed playing in the pirate park.

We was lucky with the weather and had such an enjoyable weekend.we are hoping to return again very soon.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Jill S, Owner at Sandwich Leisure Park Camping, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2016

So pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us especially as it was over a bank holiday weekend when we are truly tested all round, we really appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you all again very soon
Kind regards