“A real gem”
Review of Mermaids Locker

Mermaids Locker
Ranked #11 of 52 Restaurants in Sandwich
Description: The Mermaids Locker Alehouse and Restaurant, located within a 13th Century hall house in the heart of Sandwich. Offering a variety of locally sourced cask ales, artisan ciders and craft spirits, alongside a freshly cooked and regularly changing menu which is supported by an extensive wine list. We host monthly events, including a supper club and live music - check our Facebook page for more detailed information. The Mermaid is also available for private bookings for intimate parties or small corporate events.
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We visited the restaurant for the first time yesterday & it certainly won't be the last.
We noticed the specials board outside the restauant while passing & the idea of smoked mackerel with beetroot salad was enough to draw us in on such a hot day!
The staff were so friendly & helpful without being pushy. The meal was lovely & fresh & great value.
We will definitely be returning to Mermaids Locker.

There are newer reviews for Mermaids Locker

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Had a really nice ploughman's , my boyfriend had the sausage and mash with locally sourced really sausages and then we had a couple of Pims. Would go back

Reviewed 26 December 2013

It was tipping it down outside and a howling gale just before Christmas. The missus and I went in for some lunch and some shelter. The food was great, especially my bacon sandwich and the pot of tea was better than most. They actually had cream for my wife's coffee - you'd be surprised how many places don't have cream.

One word about Sandwich town centre; the Internet and 3G coverage is next to zero. SoO don't expect to be able to check your emails anywhere in the vicinity of this fine establishment.

BTW, I engaged with the proprietor in some conversation on local history. The aqdvice I received was quite crucial to my mission to Sandwich in the first place. Well done for that too.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Mermaids locker is a really nice place to have lunch the food is lovely and you are made to feel really welcome by the staff!

Reviewed 10 August 2013

I only ordered 2x coffees .& in both had hair in .& scum round my cup .& the sugar had a hair in .& it was clumped together

4  Thank Ashleigh1122