“La Magnolia - Terrible !”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of La Magnolia - CLOSED

La Magnolia
Price range: US$32 - US$57
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Faversham, United Kingdom
“La Magnolia - Terrible !”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2013

My boyfriend and I went to La Magnolia on New Years Day 2013 at approximately 4.00 p.m . There were 2 other tables of 4 . We ordered a selection of bread and olives followed by 2 pizzas .The selection of bread appeared to be sliced pizza base . After nearly an hours wait I asked the waitress how long the pizzas would be as my boyfriend was famished - they arrived a couple of minutes later . There were no other arrivals to the restaurant - just us 3 tables ! A couple of minutes after the arrival of our pizzas the waitress asked if everything was ok to which, at that point - apart from the wait - things were . My pizza was fine - nothing special - but my boyfriends was badly burnt on the underside in places . He shared mine and because he was hungry ate most of his apart from the really badly burnt bits . It was hard to attract the waitresses eye , and when I did manage to and point out the burnt bits she was rude and said that I had said all was ok and most of it was eaten . I pointed out that it had been impossible to catch her attention before and tapped the offending blackened bits on the plate to point out just how burnt it was . She took it to the cook who said that we would not be charged for the pizza . I work in the catering industry and would never dream of treating or arguing with a customer in this way . A terrible restaurant - I would not recommend and never go back !

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Samantha C

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A lovely evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

I visited la magnolia last night and was very impressed, the service was fantastic, the food was divine, the atmosphere was relaxed and friendly. A flawless evening. I strongly recommend a visit.

Deal, England, United Kingdom
“Bad customer service and Tasteless food!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

My partner and i visted La Magnolia last night with his parents. They went last week and really enjoyed everything about the meal, service etc.
When we arrived the staff were very friendly and attentive. The boss even gave us some anchovies to try. We ordered our food and soon came out the starters. i had the smoked mozzerala which didnt taste smoked at all. I did eat it as i was starving but when the waitress came over to take out plates i mentioned to her how i felt about my starter. She was very nice and said she would speak to the chef. She never came back with an answer.
The restaurant suddenly got very busy which included a table of 15 men! The staff seemed to get a bit panicky and all be on this one table.
Our main courses arrived, i had the calzonpizza which looked lovely, lacked a bit in flavour but was ok. My partner had the seafood rissoto which was tasteless. My father in law had a cod, potato and prawn dish. He really wasnt enjoying it,he found it tasteless and watery. He called over the Boss! He was busy serving another table and said he would be over in a minute. Well he never came over. Another staff member came over and father in law explained he wasnt happy with his dinner etc. They offered him an alternative but he didnt want anything as we had nearly finished ours.
Finally we got the attention of the Boss! After being ignored and made to feel uncomfortable by other staff. My father in law explained about his dinner and that he thought the service was terrible especially from a Boss. The Boss was very rude and short. Saying they were busy and then tried to say that father in law had eaten most of his dinner including the king prawns and then sent it back. There was never any king prawns on the dinner!
Anyway we were fuming with the way this was dealt with, As a fairly new establishment they shouldnt be treating there customers this way. We wont be going back again!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Katie M
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Does what it says on the box!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

A great little Italian restaurant, run by Italians ( thats a plus when you consider the high street options) serving food that they themselves would eat! If you cant find what you like on the menu..they will prepare something else. They are always friendly and welcoming, the food is tasty and traditional and its' a great place to take a family for an early evening meal. They never rush you ( this ISNT a fast food restaurant), and the bill is always a pleasant surprise ..no over inflated prices here!

Excellent seafood pastas and the pizzas are delicious, especially the one with olives and artichokes, Its what Italian restaurants are like in Italy so enjoy!!!!!

• Visited August 2012
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“What a find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

The Italian menu is superby created by their chef.
Must be the best Risotto in Kent
Run by and Italian couple, and they care!
Easy parking just outside and the advantage of a walk by the river to work off that lovely meal

• Visited June 2012