“Luigis now!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

This place has recently been taken over and is now 'luigis' it was very nice, nicer than when it was la magnolia. The only thing that wasn't to great was it seemed as if my fudge cake came out of a box, I don't think it was home made. But other than that, very good!

There are newer reviews for La Magnolia

Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

My partner and I visited the restaurant at the weekend as we'd heard it was under new management. It has been rather hit and miss before so, because its such a lovely looking place inside, we went along hoping for bigger and better things.
We were met at the door by a man who showed us to a table then promptly left to serve someone else leaving us twiddling our thumbs with no menu or drinks list to look at. A female member of staff noticed and rushed over to apologise and produce some menus which I appreciated. My partner ordered a martini which was served in a wine glass and was a little unpleasant but I had a nice glass of white wine. We both had calamari to start which was pleasant enough although I didn't enjoy the garlicky sauce it was served with. Mains were steak - served with cut lemon all over the top?? - and a lovely goats cheese pizza. Female staff were eager to please and very helpful but some of the male staff knew little English. The main problem with this restaurant was the pumping bass music from the Greek restaurant below. We could feel it pulsing through us as we ate which was incredibly annoying. We did complain to staff who went straight downstairs and asked them to turn it down which they did. This is not at all the fault of La Magnolia but I feel the lovely women need to be a little unlovelier when dealing with their neighbours and not worry too much about what they might say.

Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Went over the bank hol.

Been a bit hit & miss in the past but has new owners now.

Can't complain everything was fine & my sea bass was cooked perfectly.

Menu suits adults & kids

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Ate here for the first and only time on a Sunday night. Service abysmal: no one to greet customers, had to ask them to take our order (we were left for 25 minutes), they had no cold beer, house wine was pure vinegar and undrinkable. Given they have a wood-fired oven, you'd think the pizza would be a safe bet, but no: the dough was too thick, undercooked and overwhelming. One staff member changed into his chefs' whites in the restaurant within diners' view, and there was a complete absence of charm and customer service. Avoid!

Reviewed 23 July 2013

We went on a friday night around 7pm so quite early but there was only one waitress and one waiter and they were very busy , when starter came I asked for some bread and it arrived when I had finished ... but the people are very nice and polite just need more staff ...