“Just perfect”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Sandwich
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Just perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stayed at the Bell Hotel Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (2 nights) our room was spacious and very clean, we looked over the Quay which was lovely(room 2) , the atmosphere there was great , the food was excellent the staff looked after us very well ( with special thanks to lovely Gemma) what more can we say JUST PERFECT

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Adrian B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

My family and I stayed at the Bell Hotel which is appointed nicely on the Sandwich Quay, for the Christmas Vacation. From the minute we walked through the door the staff were cheerful and helpful. We were given the family room as we had our dog with us too and we found it to be very clean, spacious and comfortable and with well stocked tea bar. The food was absolutely fabulous and would recommend this hotel above all for its wonderful warm , family atmosphere. Our breakfasts were delicious too with a good continental with the added bonus of being able to order of a selection of cooked too. We had a fabulous Christmas and as I have experienced having to work many a Christmas Day myself I appreciated the friendly service from all the staff , especially our waiter Nicholas who served our breakfasts. Thank you to all the staff and a Happy New Year to you all.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Hickling, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

My colleagues and I stayed at the Bell Hotel on the Quay at Sandwich last week and after a successful planning consent we celebrated with a meal and drinks in the newly refurbished bar. I hade a 'blue' steak (as is my taste) and it was very good, best I have had for quite some time. washed down with a nice red wine and local sparkly a great evening was had.
The hotel (and especially the beds) is just lovely, quirky but a great place to stay and eat.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Sandwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Despite the fact that the hotel was undergoing renovations during our stay, the staff coped superbly and were both friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable, spacious and well-appointed. Breakfast was excellent and I particularly commend the mature gentleman who serves it with a smile to brighten the greyest morning!

1 Thank Venetia60
Cornwall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. We were given room 18 which exceeded our expectations. Spacious, comfortable, beautifully furnished. The bed was comfortable, there were two easy chairs in the room as well as a desk and another chair, a DAB radio, TV and plenty of good quality complimentary refreshments. The bathroom was nice and big, with underfloor heating and a heated towel rail! It was also stocked with good quality toiletries.

We didn't enjoy the restaurant quite as much as the rest of the hotel. Although the waitress was lovely and very helpful. The choices on the menu were a little limited and I didn't find anything that I wanted on the evening menu, but the waitress brought me the bar menu instead so I chose something from that. Hubby had the duck from the evening menu, and although he found it tasty, the portion was rather small so he still felt hungry after eating it. I enjoyed my choice from the bar menu, a vegetarian spaghetti dish, which was tasty and filling.

Breakfast in the morning was served in the reception area. The staff apologised about this as the usual breakfast room is undergoing refurbishment - but I thought that the area was lovely so no complaints from me! The breakfast was lovely too, with very good choices of continental and cooked foods. We both chose eggs benedict royale which we'd never tried before and found to be delicious.

The place is undergoing refurbishment at the moment but it did not spoil our enjoyment of our stay. We would love to come back here some time in the future.

Room Tip: Room 18 is lovely.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

Stayed here for just one night in November. Hotel is undergoing some refurbishment outside and inside, which meant building surrounded by scaffolding and dining room and main bar area were out of use. Staff were very apologetic about this and we still managed to enjoy our stay.
However, it would have been good to have been warned of this before our arrival, especially as our room looked out on scaffolding.
Room was spacious and comfortable and both dinner and breakfast were of a good standard.

west sussex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed last weekend as last minute decision to vist Canterbury ,We had a warm welcome by staff and at reception ,The reception area is all very nice to sit in as the bar area is not that big but cosy I have to say this is the warmest hotel I have ever stayed ,
The room we had was the family room 22 and all was fine there and more than big enough we slept well and heard no noise, there were signs of scuffed paint work but on the whole its fine.
Dinner was of a very good standard and so was breakfast good quality. Wine and beer were average prices so no worry there ,
The only issues for me was that the parking was a bit of a pain having to park in the pay and display up the road, and although the staff were really friendly there perhaps at times should be a little more professional but saying that I would rather they were like that then didn't speak .
The hotel is great base for exploring that part of Kent and set in great location and when the build work is finished which I think it is now this is great little hotel,Keep the good work up.

Last comment as regards a previous review Wolf1313 This must of been a different hotel because there is no comparison to were we stayed and to make comments regarding desk staff is not warranted from my experience they were very good .

1 Thank travelled24
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandwich
Fleur de Lis Hotel & Restaurant
#2 of 10 in Folkestone
Pegwell Bay Hotel
Pegwell Bay Hotel
#5 of 9 in Ramsgate

Been to The Bell Hotel? Share your experiences!