“Historical Churches.” 5 of 5 bubbles

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Historical Churches.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

We have just been on a guided tour around Sandwich Kent. We visited all the medieval Churches in and around the town. The guide was dressed at a medieval Monk and was most informative. It was just £12 for my wife and I and the children were free. Two of the Churches were open and we could look around inside and take photographs. All in all it was an interesting experience and we can thoroughly recommend it.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank tonypiefacejunior

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A tour and a half.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

Whilst browsing through trip advisor last month I spotted sandwich tours in Kent. I visited there website and booked an online tour to have during a short break we were due to have there. The company rang us beforehand to check that we were ok in the bad weather. My wife and I arrived at the quayside and were greeted by Captain Smith, a Titanic captain look alike. Off we went through the inner town and were amassed at the architecture and amount of fine old buildings that were their. The guide was excellent and my wife bought us all a coffee afterwards to warm us all up.

2 Thank Lee H
Blackpool, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The Ropewalk..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013

Whilst working away from Home near Sandwich, Kent I found a new website sandwichtours.co.uk, which offers guided tours around the old town and the surrounding areas, along with info on cafes, restaurants and hotels. I followed the instructions and booked a tour on line, choosing the 31 December to see if anyone turned up.

At 3pm I was at the Quay side and found the guide "Captain E.J.Smith" in full Navy uniform waiting for me. Although I was alone and paid just £6.00, he spent over an hour walking me around the perimeter walls of the old town, whilst quoting in-depth facts and history throughout this time.

I was so thrilled with the tour and I have found Sandwich to be such an amazing little town, I arranged the "whole town tour" which I went on this morning. On this tour we went through the little narrow streets and visited over 25 historic buildings along with so many more interesting places. On finishing, I have come to Sandwich Library to tell you all about it.

9 Thank Martin T
sandwich
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“new years day out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

Whilst visiting Sandwich on new years day, my friend noticed a man dressed in Navy Ship captins Uniform standing by the quae side. We giggled as he seemed to look like the Captin of the Titanic. He gave us a leaflet offering guided tours around the town, it was a lovely sunny day, so we took him up on his offer at just £3 each.
We were amazed at the amount of Historic buildings in the town. As we walked round he read the history from a scroll, which not only covered the main buildings on the route but also most of the other places inbetween.
All in all we had a lovely little tour an would thorougly recommened it to anyone.
Ps children go for free and you can book online.

4 Thank frannyann23