Best Western Manor Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$70
  • Restaurant
US$160
US$151
Travelocity
All reviewsbrands hatchwedding receptionfood was lovelybar foodafternoon teabit datednice roomfunction roomreception stafffresh fruitvery nice hotelfull englishbluewater shopping centrewould stay againboth morningscar parka lovely stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Staff are polite. Hotel is clean and tidy. However, if travelling and intending to stay during summer time you might be better off getting somewhere with air conditioning. Location is fine and ease of access to local amenities...........

Stayed: July 2014
NickWildeGM, General Manager at Best Western Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for your time reviewing our Hotel,We have a number of bedrooms with ceiling fans and also a few with aircon, which can be requested on booking, I will ensure all your comments are passed onto the relevent departments and staff.Its nice for our guests to give positive comments as this helps motivate the team here to continue to exceed guest expectations in the future.
I am glad you had a pleasant stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

would recommend the staff are lovely and hotel is very clean we had evening meal and breakfast in the restaurant which were both of high quality and great choice for the breakfast menu. the location was very easy to find and the check in and check out was very good didn't catch the chaps name but he was friendly and efficient couldn't ask much more for a one night stay we asked for late checkout and that was no problem

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
NickWildeGM, General Manager at Best Western Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Thank you for your time reviewing our Hotel, I will ensure all your comments are passed onto the relevent departments and staff.Its nice for our guests to give positive comments as this helps motivate the team here to continue to exceed guest expectations in the future.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed one night on business. Not much around it but it suited my needs for the location. My room number 11 was a bit noisy from traffic but a nice big clean room. Food is good value for the area and nice buffet breakfast. Would stay again idf in the area.

Room Tip: Pick upper floor away from road
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your time reviewing our Hotel, I will ensure all your comments are passed onto the relevent departments and staff.It's always nice when guests take time to post positive comments it's both satisfying and rewarding for the team, to know that our customers are pleased with our hotel and service

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Having done a bus tour, with my parents, all through the south of the UK, a lot of hotels were used in a short time, this being the fourth. The dissapointment was stunning after 6 great days at the last two hotels.
Upon arrival we were sent off into our room which looked pretty good. At dinner we we're offered a select menu, which my mother order off. She was 'barked' at that that option wasn't available. Something not being on a menu is no problem, but no one barks at my mum :(
Alone in the room, I'm... not alone, I'm can clearly hear the muffled voices and thumping of people in the room above and neighboring me, while I'm trying to watch TV. The gushing and clanging of the pipes in my walls doesn't help.
A sad ending to an otherwise perfect holiday :(

Room Tip: Check out and find another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Huffenreuter
NickWildeGM, General Manager at Best Western Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I would like to apologise that your feel that a member of my team did not leave you with a positive guest experience. It is unusual, as all of my restaurant staff normally receive positive comments on their friendly approach and attitude. I also am concerned that you heard noise from adjacent rooms as all of the floors and walls are of concrete construction and are not paper thin.

It is our intention to make sure everyone has a great stay with us, and we can only hope that if something is wrong it should be brought to our attention straight away so we can rectify any issues whilst the guest is still with us.

I see from your comments that you enjoyed your stay at the other hotels that you visited, but did not post any positive reviews for them on Trip Advisor?? and in the only other review that you have given for other stays, was a negative one. Perhaps you should offer some encouragement to Hotels by posting both negative and positive reviews. I hope that we will see you again soon

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I am eternally grateful to the fantastic hospitality and service that I received from the Best Western Manor Hotel. I recently held a charity event at the hotel and the staff were exceptional in the assistance and care they showed for both the run up and evening of the event. The function room was prepared and decorated in beautiful style, with particular attention paid to what we wanted on our night. All stallholders and the public that attended, were incredibly impressed with the room and overall experience of the hotel. The immense amount of compliments and praise for the venue and super staff, was overwhelming and I can’t thank all members of staff enough. I would highly recommend the Best Western Manor Hotel, not just for its great atmosphere, but for the thorough dedication shown by all those that work there. It’s an excellent hotel. Thank you so much for having us.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
NickWildeGM, Manager at Best Western Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, it is always nice to here positive feedback which I will pass on to all the staff. I am glad that you enjoyed your event and wish you well with all the fund raising. I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.