“Faultless - will be back”

Holiday Inn Sittingbourne
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Sittingbourne
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed at The Coniston for a business trip and loved every moment. Very stylish place, definitely compared to other hotels in the area. Efficient check-in, clean and very comfortable rooms. The staff was very engaging and nothing was to much trouble for them. I wish others would take note. If you are looking for a good night sleep with friendly staff looking after you The Coniston is the place for you.

• Stayed: November 2013
Mohammed A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sittingbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay @ The Coniston and taking the time to give your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at The Coniston.

I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay and were impressed by the staff attitude and service standards. I have passed on your kind comments and positive feedback to the whole team at the hotel, who work hard to ensure that all our guest leave happy

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Sittingbourne

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Stayed here on business for 1 night. The hotel is relatively new so is very clean, modern and well thought out.
Rooms are of great standard with modern fixtures and fittings.
I slept right through with no issues and the hotel room was very quiet.
Controls in the room allow you to switch on or off services such as air con etc.
Restaurant is modern and the quality of food is good although a little pricey.
There is a separate bar area to relax and watch sports if you desire.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
Mohammed A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sittingbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

It is very encouraging and helpful to receive comments such as these as we are the newest hotel in the area and only, just, a year old.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Arrived 10pm Friday evening. Super welcome from professional and helpful member of staff who confirmed that room service was available, full menu til 10:30, and asked if I d like a paper in the morning (to which I answered in the affirmative).
Funky styling/decor, comfortable bed, nicely appointed bathroom.
Sadly, no guide to services, operating systems etc restaurant/breakfast times in the room. The was TV functional, no Sky or even Freeview/iplayer/on demand services (though when was turned on it did s
Display some info about services and systems it wasn't interactive so one had to watch the entire, slow, brief, and try to catch the info one required).
I called Room Service, for over two minutes, no response, so I called Reception to place a meal order. Once again a very warm service, she happily to my order..but then called me back, room service full menu finishes at 10. So I ordered a sandwich, which was delivered promptly.
Saturday morning, no paper delivery, despite not leaving my room til 10 (the paper was in Recpetion, no one had had time to deliver it to my room). Shame, as I'd be looking forward to a cup of tea and reading the paper in bed. I skipped breakfast.
Saturday evening, I called Room Service, no response, despite holding on to the ringing line for over 3 minutes. Once again I called Reception to place my meal order...which was swiftly and professionally delivered.
Oh, the menu for Room Service meals is in the room, but printed in a sheet of paper, not laminated, not presented nicely at all...just a sheet of paper, which included no suggestions as to times food was available (except that certain foods options were available 24hours a day).
Sunday morning, no paper delivery,'and them the wrong one waiting for me at reception.
Breakfast, had to wait two minutes before anyone noticed I was waiting to be seated. Very warm service again, all the staff really do make up for the shirt comings with their warmth. Breakfast options Ok, truly just OK. Limited prepared fruit available, just a bowl of whole fruits would have been appreciated , even if just apples and pears (this hotel is in Kent, in the garden of England, and fresh, local fruit is undoubtedly available), and the vienoisery (sp) was very sparse, no croissants in evidence, and some half hearted rolls, really not up to scratch.

I don't want to be overly critical, because the staff and environ' really we're exactly what I needed...but the lack of attention to the details really let this hotel down. Which is a shame.

• Stayed: November 2013
Mohammed A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sittingbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay @ The Coniston and taking the time to post your experience on trip advisor.

Whilst I am glad that you liked the modern and contemporary style of the Coniston and have given us full marks for staff attitude, product, room and cleanliness, I am really sorry that you felt let down by some aspects of our service.

I have discussed all of your comments with the team with a view to improve our attentiveness to service as you have pointed out in your very constructive feedback.

Please accept my sincere apologies for not exceeding your expectations on this occasion and I trust that on your next visit you will note the difference.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Coniston in the very near future.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Booked on line with negotiated good rate for four of us with 2 rooms. Beautiful clean hotel since restoration and new owner as I remember it in the past. Staff friendly and helpful. Restaurant first class at affordable prices. Breakfast Bar incredibly good, one of the best experienced. Only minor complaint lack of shelves in bathroom makes it a little awkward when in shower. Otherwise highly recommend and the best in Sittingbourne Town Area. Sits nicely on the A2, perfect location. Thanks for your Hospitality.

• Stayed: October 2013
Mohammed A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sittingbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Guest

I have taken on board your very valid point regarding shelves in the bathroom and will most certainly look into making an improvement

Reviewed 25 October 2013

We visited this hotel for a weekend break, and we were not disappointed.
Reception staff were helpful and welcoming and we were very happy with our bedroom which was spacious with a very comfortable bed.
We ate in the restaurant on Friday evening and enjoyed a three course meal which included wine for a reasonable price of £39. for the two of us. The food was delicious and we were very impressed with the presentation.
All in all a lovely stay and worth a visit!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Mohammed A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sittingbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Dear Guest

It is very encouraging and helpful to receive comments, such as these, as we are the newest hotel in the area and only, just, a year old.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

The Coniston is a modern and unusual hotel. The entrance is by a paved area which leads up to a full height glassed window reception. On an evening they have a projector which beams light around the reception area. You are greeted warmly and friendly by the reception staff who are only too happy to help. They make you feel relaxed straight away and explain the details of your booking, where your room is and what the guidelines are for breakfast etc. You make your way up in a lift and to a corridor which almost seems like an old corridor with new decor. It's almost like a building that was old but has been converted into a modern shell throughout. The rooms are spacious for the price. We had booked two standards of room. The Superior standard which had loads of space and modern furnishings and modern bathroom. Then a more standard room that wasn't quite as spacious in the bathroom or bedroom. However the decor was still nice and bedding was nice too. Breakfast was average really, the service wasn't the best because there was a coach party in who took up most of the dining room.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding breakfast. I am sorry that your experience at Breakfast was not as good as the rest of your stay. I have discussed this with the team with a view to improve this aspect, regardless of how busy we are.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

My first contact was with Sam, reservations, couldn't do enough to help, friendly and polite. On arrival, karrina was extremely welcoming and attentive with recommendations of the area, which proved to be accurate, Rochester was a fab town full of interest, as was Canterbury, two great cities to visit. In the restaurant we was looked after by Kit, a very professional young waiter, polite, and friendly, as was all the staff we encountered. Thanks to you all for a lovely stay in your very modern and stunning room.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Mohammed A, Manager at Holiday Inn Sittingbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Guest

I have passed on your kind comments and positive feedback to the whole team at the hotel, especially the ones mentioned by name, who work hard to ensure that all our guest leave happy

Look forward to welcoming you back to The Coniston in the near future

GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sittingbourne
Hempstead House Hotel and Spa
#5 of 19 in Southend-on-Sea
Travelodge Medway M2
Travelodge Medway M2
#2 of 2 in Rainham

Been to Holiday Inn Sittingbourne? Share your experiences!