“lovely food and atmosphere + birthday beers”
Review of Empress of India

Empress of India
Ranked #2 of 109 Restaurants in Sittingbourne
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Empress of India has been established since 1993. It is the second longest running restaurant in Sittingbourne.We can occupy large groups of parties for Birthdays to even Wedding receptions. We have a large selection of wines, cocktails. We also provide vegetarian dishes and also have an English menu. We also do take-away service for collections only.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The Empress never lets us down - lovely food and wonderful atmosphere - and very kind and friendly staff 5*****

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Very good evening with good food, nice banter with the team and complimentary shot to finish. Very enjoyable evening

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Excellent food and service! Friendly service and good sized portions. Never had a bad meal there, well worth a visit.

Reviewed 18 August 2018

Thought I'd order something different to the usual - an Indian Restaurant that serves Thai Fried Chicken as a Starter. Well, why not. Wish I hadn't. I sent it back twice as both times the larger chunks of chicken were not cooked properly. Changed it entirely to Chicken Tikka - and that wasn't one of my best moves either. All establishments have off days - have eaten here several times over the years, and will still go back. Shame no real apology nor free starter. Rest of meal was fine.

Reviewed 16 August 2018

Ate here Saturday night, service was slow to start with, there seemed to be a lot of confusion around the restaurant, lots of staff not really doing anything, took them 15 mins to take a drinks order.
They seemed to get sorted and service improved after about 30 mins.
We ordered starters, chicken pakora, onion bhajis, some chicken nugget things which were the same as the pakoras? Popodoms and pickle tray to start which was good, the onion in sweet chilli sauce was very nice.
Our starters were okay, nothing had much spice or flavour, the salad and trimmings were fresh and made the dishes look nice.
I ordered a chicken tikka rogan josh, I have never been so disappointed with a curry, the chicken was rubbery, the amount of raw tomatoes was ridiculous and the lack of any flavour or sauce did not help? The whole dish was full of grease, I left it? Even after telling the server he did nothing except agree it was greasy?
My daughter ordered the Korma which she did not eat, she said it was far too sweet and lacked any authentic flavour? The Nan breads were okay?
The other 4 people in our group said there meal was okay but not as good as it had been in the past?
The restaurant was busy, maybe I had just made a bad choice?
Won’t return.