“Perfect B&B”
Review of Dadmans

Dadmans
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We have just returned home from a one night stay at Dadmans after visiting the Whitstable Oyster Festival (also highly recommended) and we adored it. The house is a beautiful country house with stunning mature gardens, vegetable plots and hens (which both contribute to the great breakfast) - we spent a couple of idyllic hours sitting under a parasol in the gardens with the sound of birdsong and running water. Our double room overlooked the gardens and was decorated in a classic traditional way. The owners were extremely friendly - offering tips about the local area and having a real attention to detail - and welcomed us more as friends than customers. We are already trying to think of an excuse to make a return visit.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 August 2013

We spent two nights at Dadmans, we were very warmly welcomed and throughout our stay we were treated as though we were old family friends, we even left with a Jar of home made Jam and Marmalade.
We had a really relaxing time while there. Excellent gardens, breakfast, and places to visit in the nearby area. The owners were very helpful with suggesting things we could do in the area, even up to booking dinner for us at a nearby restaurant.
The double bedroom has an excellent ensuite bathroom with a glass roof which was a bonus for us.
Tucked away in lynsted, this is an excellent option for a weekend or week long break.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2013

What a wonderful place to stay! Everything about Dadmans is perfect. The house, the gardens, the food and the dog.......a very well behaved spanial who doesn't bother you at all, unless you request it! My hosts made every effort to make my stay special. Nothing was too much trouble for them and from the first night they treated me as a friend rather than a visitor encouraging me to make the most of the beautiful house and grounds. I visited in early June and the extensive gardens surrounding the house were stunning. The breakfast and dinner were excellent; not only the food excelled but the conversation too. Both hosts are full of great stories and are a wealth of knowledge about the area. I think out of all the places I've stayed labelled as a B&B, this has to be the best!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2013

We found Dadmans online and hoped that it was going to be as good as it looked. It was. The owners gave us such a lovely welcome when we arrived on a cold frosty afternoon. A roaring fire to sit beside with homemade shortbread with our tea was the perfect start to our stay. We were shown around the garden the next morning and we saw where our breakfast eggs were produced, and blue ones at that. We very quickly got the idea that whatever we wanted to do the owners would do their best to make it happen for us. Suggestions for places to visit and walks to try were great and they know all the best pubs in the area. The area has so many great places to see and it is such a great base to use for this. I can highly recommend the option of eating in, with great food in a very pretty dining room. Our next stay has already been booked.

Room Tip: All the rooms are really pretty with comfortable beds.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2012

We stayed for one night at Dadmans, the couple who own it were very nice and friendly, the B+B was lovely and clean but a bit too chintzy for me if we stayed any longer I would have ended up with a headache. One complaint from my husband and I was "THE DOG" they have a rescue dog that follows the guests around all over the house ( they never stopped it following us about) it even tried to get into out bedroom when we went to bed, yes it was a lovely dog and I like dogs BUT the smell was VERY strong and when it lay on my feet while I was trying to eat my breakfast, well, all I can say it was a bit off-putting. There was a young couple sharing the breakfast table with us and they weren't to happy about the dog either. We were intending to stay a few more days the following week but decided against it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sittingbourne
Tonge Barn
#5 of 6 in Sittingbourne
Faversham Creek Hotel
Faversham Creek Hotel
#1 of 15 in Faversham

Been to Dadmans? Share your experiences!