“Food good but service not so ”
Review of Lateef Restaurant

Lateef Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 111 Restaurants in Sittingbourne
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

We have been in the restaurant now an hour and half only managed to get drinks and starters up to now. People who have come in well after have been served. We not any rush but cannot really be that difficult we were waiting 45 minutes to order any food as we didn’t want popadoms.
Perhaps if you concentrated on service and food as well then maybe you may find others returning on a regular basis.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank richard s

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

I don’t usually like leaving a bad review but I have visited this restaurant so many times before and it has always been great but this time, not so. We came in mid week and there were only a couple of tables occupied. We weren’t met with the friendliest of welcomes but shown to our table. Starter was ok, usually the Samosa dish is really fresh but this did not seem freshly made, in fact it was so hard to cut into half of it pinged on the floor. We really struggled to order drinks, and twice someone walked past and did not notice our empty glasses, even when they took our starter plates away they did not bother asking if we wanted more drinks! If I owned this restaurant I would be encouraging my staff to actively watch tables and sell more drinks. The curries and Naan breads were very nice but again the onion bhajis we ordered as a side were not up to their normal standard and were very small. We ordered two Irish coffees at the end but we waited so long that we went and found someone to ask for the bill and told them to forget it. A table of about 8 rowdy guys came in during the meal, and immediately got all the attention from the waiters. In fact at one point I noticed there were about 3 of them just standing watching the larger group. The restaurant was not understaffed, it was just full of totally disinterested miserable people who looked liked they couldn’t wait to go home.

However, don’t be put off going here as the restaurant is usually great and when the owner is there it is a completely different experience.

Date of visit: August 2018
2  Thank Venann
Mokbul H, Guest Relations Manager at Lateef Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

I’m so sorry about your last visit unfortunately I had a family wedding which I absolutely needed to attend but I left more then enough staff on to cover a midweek night of trade but I’m not sure what happened I will be having very strong words the guys who were working that night I have even closed my restaurant on Tuesdays to make sure I’m there all the time it’s open this sort of thing dose not happen please if you could give me a call on 07950365050 and I will try to make amends .
Thank you for your review really appreciate it without it I would not known about this and would not of been able try to make sure it dose not happen again .
Thank you .
Mok

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Went to lateef for a charity event. It was packed to the rafters with all friends and family supporting a good cause. Admittedly a set menu but the food was excellent. Something for everyone. Including vegetarian. Staff were under the cosh as it was so busy and they did extremely well and brilliantly getting all the food out and drinks were served promptly. Couldn’t ask for much more. Had a really wonderful evening and couldn’t fault a thing. Here’s to the next one.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Delph W
Mokbul H, Public Relations Manager at Lateef Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Thank you for your fantastic review really appreciate it .
All at lateef

Reviewed 31 July 2018

Ordered tonight through just eat, received no confirmation from restaurant then got message from just eat to say order not confirmed, cancelled. Restaurant under new management very poor start, not looking good, shan’t bother again!

Date of visit: July 2018
Mokbul H, Public Relations Manager at Lateef Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

Unfortunately sometimes it’s a technical fault on Justeat site which either can’t process the order through to us and obviously it’s gose back to them as not confirmed and it’s so very easy to blame the restaurant but we have absolutely no control over their technical side we just simply receive the order confirm we have received it cook the food and take it to you but if it never makes it to our terminal for what ever reason then we can’t and shouldn’t be held responsible for it as that’s really not fair and it’s just very easy for them to say we haven’t responded who would want to turn away a order end of the that’s why restaurants and takeaways sign up to these online ordering platforms in the hope of receiving a few extra orders be silly to turn them down sometimes we may get really busy and not be able to take a order but then we would reject it with assigned reason ie too busy or too faraway which would to back to you saying that .
Sorry for any inconvenience caused .
All at lateef.

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

One member of staff was very rude and unwelcomeing ,only 3 tabels full however turned us down . With the excuse Not enough staff in the kitchen but offered takeout witch still requires cooking . The other staff couldn’t fault . Such a shame as lovely food .

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank jjd85

I’m really sorry you were turned down but but unfortunately we were short in the kitchen and in front of house as we were really busy but when you had come in we had already served a few tables and obviously we do takeaway as well which was really busy and my delivery driver let me down didn’t turn up which ment I had to do the deliveries myself which left us short in front of house and another member of staff from front of house had to help out in the kitchen so rather then taking in new customers and not being able to provide our usual standard of service I told them not to take anymore tables in the restaurant or to take anymore takeaway orders at the moment but I they offered you the takeaway option because you had come in to the restaurant as a option that’s all it wasn’t about the chef not being able to cook the food it was more to do with providing decent table service I would rather say no then to sit someone down and not give the best possible service we can n do provide that’s all .
Thank you .