“It deserves the high praise!”
Review of A Taste Of Portugal - CLOSED

A Taste Of Portugal
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We also visited on a hot then stormy evening, and similarly to many, I was sceptical but the relaxed atmosphere and friendly welcome we received, soon won me over. It's not a Michelin star restaurant so if that's what you are after, then don't bother. But if you want a wonderfully tasty meal, with friendly, attentive service and excellent value for money, then do!

The tapas style starters were just delicious, both the piri piri tiger prawns and the calamari were the best we have ever tasted. I could quite happily eat the tapas and drink the wine all evening!

Carlos the chef and his wife make the effort to ensure everyone feels welcome.

This place it a real gem. And we were so impressed, we have booked for Christmas dinner. No better endorsement than that! ;-)

Reviewed 19 July 2014

My second trip to the restaurant, but this time with 8 ladies in tow, so the staff were going to have their work cut out!

We sat in the garden (it had been 30+ degrees during the day), which just added to the whole experience. From start to finish the staff were great, making sure we had everything we needed. I was the only one in my group who had been before, and I knew a couple of my friends were dubious about my praise, having only ever visited the restaurant in its previous life as a pub.

But, by the end of the evening, I knew they were converts. The staff, the food, the wine, the atmosphere, everything won them over and I knew they will all be going back.

Can't thank everyone at the restaurant enough for a great night!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Another fantastic meal at TOP. As people have mentioned it is fantastic to have a restaurant in Sittingbourne that serves great food to order, and appreciates that families like to dine out after 7pm on the odd occasion. Relaxed setting where you are treated like a family member, nothing is to much of a problem. Oh and by the way they now serve lobster Thermidor, probably for the first time in Swale!!

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Eat here often .. Food great .. Cooked to order so some waiting on occasion's .. Only restaurant in Sittingbourne that serves something other than curry .. Staff friendly and casual .. Didn't even moan when I set light to the table cloth with the tea light ! Worth the money every time

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

What no staff, kids running through the tables. Trying to eat and there's a kid being told of(efin shouted at) right behind me. Far to expensive for what it is. Crap evening couldn't wait to leave.

5  Thank official314