“Average” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Sittingbourne
Sutton, United Kingdom
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

I booked direct from the Tonge Bar £75 for one night two people with breakfast.

When arriving at 1pm the doors wasn't open so I had to ring two numbers to get in touch with someone to open even though my check in was from 12.

The Barn was empty so we had a choice of 3 rooms we choose the outside cabin as it looked the nicest.

The shower was lovely. But the TV kept cutting out. Also when arriving the loo wasn't flushed and there was an energy drink open in the bathroom.

The bed was nice and comfortable and the room was warm!

They say its a 4 star place I would put 3 past it.

Breakfast was nice but on a Sunday it was from 830-930 which is really early for a Sunday.

The last thing is to say that the train goes that you can hear and finally stops at 1:30am

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank omid_lal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

We had read some rather negative reviews & some good reviews also, but read between the lines. We stayed here for two nights visiting family in the area. We had a lovely comfortable stay. Good value. Our room was clean and tidy.
Elena (Elle) the manager made us feel most welcome & even took the time to show us around the garden etc.
Lovely peaceful setting, a little noisy when we stay, as there had been the bride & wedding guest staying, which was very hard work for the staff who coped exceptionally well. The wedding party were lovely people and did liven up our breakfast time.
We would stay again when in the area.

Room Tip: One of the 1st 3 lodges, good size.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 33L
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Would highly recommend this hotel. The barn conversion is a gorgeous space, decorated fantastically. The rooms are really comfortable and have all the necessities one would expect. Breakfast is amazing, really friendly staff and beautiful surroundings! We will be back!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jessica P
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

So context first, my husband and I were travelling with a 2 and half year old and a 7 week baby and I was nervous about the facilities as we have to bring so much with us.

I booked the family room for 2 nights, the website doesn't do justice to how family friendly this place is. The space was great, we had a good size room with space for the moses basket and all our bags (which was a lot for just 2 nights!). If our 2 and half year old was older he could have stayed in the adjoining room which had a single bed, but instead we put the travel cot (which they provided) just on the edge of the room. Only thing with doing this was that we had to pull the curtain round the cot as the bed didn't move, but our little boy slept just fine.

Both Elina and Steve couldn't do enough for us, setting up the travel cot, bringing a microwave to our room (in which there was plenty of space to put it). Both were really friendly and chatted with us throughout our stay.

I really liked the room, with the high ceiling and wooden beams. I agree with the comments that the walls are a little thin as we had noisy neighbours on our 2nd night, but it didn't keep us up. Bed was comfortable (with decent soft pillows) and everything was clean and tidy. The shower was really good and as it was a wet room, it was a nice large bathroom which was refreshing!

Breakfast was great and the big family table worked well for us as we had other family staying in the garden rooms so we could all sit down together.

When the boys are older I fancy going to Leeds Castle which is nearby and will definately be staying here when we do.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank LHIS
Bradford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

If you want a few beers then probably not the best place to stay as there is no bar, but as I was here on business and just wanted a quiet night it was great.

The rooms are a collection of log cabin style rooms either in the gardens, or as an annexe of the main house, and all are clean, comfy, and with free wifi.

I bought a bottle of wine locally, and really enjoyed sitting in the lovely gardens on a beautiful evening having a glass or 2.

The owner is a mine of information, and advised me of a few places to eat, and the housekeeper/cook provided a fantastic breakfast the following morning.

All in all, it is a lovely, relaxing B&B, and for the price I think you would struggle to beat it. I would not hesitate to return if my work took me to this are again

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mazza160668
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

Cycled from London and I was warmly received by the owner who was polite and courteous. He promptly checked me in and was very helpful in directing me to worthwhile places to visit and to eat. I have been to these places and absolutely agree with him!
He is also a lovely person to chat to and provided me with interesting tales and insights.

The room was comfortable, clean and cosy with all the usual amenities / facilities for a very good standard bed and breakfast. Even has an air con and a beautiful garden which I wished I had more time to enjoy. I had a restful and quiet night. Breakfast was delightful with good breakfast banter. Checked out smoothly.

A perfect stay. I would recommend this place and come back again.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Jyc23
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

I stayed with my elderly parents in 3 of the Garden rooms. Comfortable and clean beds, great breakfast and very welcoming overall. A couple in the next chalet set the fire alarm off with tea lights catching fire but extremely good fire alarm. All in all we loved it. A fun place to stay

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Fraser P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sittingbourne
Hempstead House Hotel and Spa
#1 of 1 in Ospringe
The Shurland Hotel
The Shurland Hotel
#1 of 1 in Eastchurch

Been to Tonge Barn? Share your experiences!