“Lunch with friends”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Friends were on a visit and we decided to go to the William Caxton pub as it had a good rating. We went just after 12 and ordered drinks at the bar and were given a lunch menu, which was limited, luckily non of us were vegetarians or vegans so we did have an option. My friend and I had the scampi and the men had the chicken and the
ploughman’s. The scampi was fine and also the chicken but more like children’s portions. We were not offered a starter or desert menu. Amazingly our food came before the cutlery and sauces - the ploughman’s was served with white sliced bread and my friend had to ask for butter. We were extremely cold all.the time we were there as the front door was wedged open and halfway through the meal the door at the other end was also wedged open. One of my friends had already told the member of staff she was freezing. It was a lovely day outside but there was a strong chilly wind. I was very embarrassed at the situation and suggested we left and went elsewhere for our dessert as we were still hungry and very cold. This we did and will not be going back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lovely place but bedroom windows open onto the main road and it’s very noisy during the early hours. Continental breKfast was lovely and th3 people that own it are great too.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

We've been here for our last two Christmas social meals and both times its been great. Due to the size of our group, we have the whole dining area and this is perfect for us. We're not overly loud but not having to worry about disrupting others is a definite plus. Staff are nice and are always helpful.
The food is brilliant and there was not a single complaint from any of us (party of about 26). It was served fast, tasty and hot.
We only started coming here after another restaurant in Tenterden messed up successive Christmas meals. Hopefully we come back here again!

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

10/01/18

We went to the William Caxton on a Wednesday evening with friends from Tenterden specifically to enjoy their Quiz Night. The staff are very friendly and a good time was had by all. It's not a large pub and for the entertaining quiz every table was occupied. We had a good quality pub meal beforehand, and the Shepherd Neame beer was excellent.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Met a friend for lunch yesterday and couldn't fault the food or service. Super 7's lunch menu is really good value for money with generous portions for the price, garlic bread with cheese was yummy as was the freshly made apple crumble. Lovely, friendly bar staff made us feel very welcome even though it was our first ever visit. The only fault I can find is the lack of parking spaces but there are plenty of public car parks around and I certainly wouldn't let that put me off visiting again. My iPad won't let me rate food, service and value but they were all 5 stars.