“Excellent value for money(3for2offer) with great service, generous breakfasts in lovely part of Kent”

Little Silver Country Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Tenterden
Asthead
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I had a lovely stay at Little Silver Country Hotel - the staff could not be faulted, they bent over backwards getting me walks in the area printed out and offering to give me breakfast past the allotted time.
Breakfast itself was substantial and the service friendly here too.
The location was not ideal for walking (quite a trek into Tenterden which wasn't their fault but still a disappointment as I wanted to walk everywhere & ended up driving most places) and on quite a busy road but the garden pond burbling dampened the noise.
The Spa bath was lovely too which compensated for a very trickly shower but I hadn't raised it with staff so hope they will do so now.
Rooms are functional, slightly travelodge style but at a 3 for 2 offer including I really cannot complain - excellent value for money and great service to boot in a lovely part of the country!
Smallhythe recommended as well as Rye and the farm around the corner(by car).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

LSCHTenterden, Owner at Little Silver Country Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to place this review. Many hotels would be very pleased with a scoring of 4 points out of 5, we strive for 5 out of 5 Trip Advisor points, so we are disappointed you felt top marks were not due. We are very pleased though you found the staff helpful and that the breakfast 'hit the mark' in setting you up for busy walking days with the spa bath helping to relax on your return to the hotel. Again, thank you for your comments, we hope you will visit us again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Golden Cross, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My daughter and son in law were married at Little Silver on Friday 9th May. We had visited the hotel prior to the wedding and knew by the attention shown to us by Oliver, Russell, Charli and the rest of the team, the day would be perfect.

This venue is superb and its like staying in someone home, you are made to feel so comfortable, have free access across the hotel and nothing was too much trouble to anyone.

The room were of an exceptionally high standard and the organisation of the wedding and breakfast after and then the evening celebration, were handled so well by the team.

It is so refreshing using a privately owned hotel with the owner, Oliver being totally involved and the team so passionate about their jobs. It makes such a difference.

Well done to everyone at Little Silver and you deserve every success for the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
LSCHTenterden, Owner at Little Silver Country Hotel, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Thank you for posting such a glowing review. We are really pleased the day was such a huge success and that all the guests really enjoyed themselves. The staff here are exceptional, they are proud to work at the hotel and that reflects on the service they offer our guests, thank you for making that observation. Reviews like this allows other couples looking for the ideal wedding venue, to consider Little Silver, so thank you again so much for your comments. Hope to see you all again in the future.
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My Family and I stayed at the Little Silver for my Sons wedding last week end, Oliver and the staff were fantastic, nothing was too much for them and the day could not have gone any better! I recommend this Venue for a wedding or event, and I can't praise it enough !
What a great place to stay :) The Food was fantastic and breakfast menu has a great choice, I had a Full English breakfast and the staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. The room was very clean and comfortable. The hotel is well-situated on the edge of Tenterden and although close to a main road there was no road-noise to keep us awake. The hotel has a pleasant, welcoming ambiance. The 4-poster bedroom we stayed in was of the highest quality, very clean and the bathroom had a Jacuzzi bath. In my haste of leaving the hotel I left my camera charger and watch and they very kindly posted them to me straight away. I highly recommend this lovely hotel. Thank you Oliver and all the staff, you should be very proud of yourselves x

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to place this excellent review. The wedding day was perfect for a perfect couple, we are all very pleased that the day went well and you all enjoyed yourselves.
Reviews like this really help others see why Little Silver is one of Kent's favourite wedding venues. It is all about attention to detail and excellent staff commitment to ensure the day runs smoothly.
Again thank you for your comments, we look forward to welcoming you all back in the future.
Burwell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This was part of a Red Letter gift from our Son,s and we booked the hotel due to the reviews read on Trip Advisor. Unfortunately we booked on the same weekend as a wedding being held in the hotel.The positive,s are as said by others, the staff on our arrival were very helpful and I cannot fault the attention to detail and Customer service is excellent. However I found several hairs lurking in the bath which is as bad as finding them in your bed! I cleaned these out myself as unfortunately all the staff were busy with the wedding guests. The bathroom was very large and had excellent adaptations if you were disabled and needed them. The room had been described as with a garden view but this was a restricted view and in fact had a small pond right outside the window so we couldn,t open the window due to the fly,s around the pond. We weren,t able to ask for an alternative room as all the other rooms were booked out to the wedding guests! But on the plus the room was a decent size however very disappointing to find only one pack of biscuits with our tea/coffee making and only 2 tea bags! Our Sons had paid £230 for this one night experience and I ended up having to ask for extra tea bags! The evening meal was good but again I think the staff were so busy with the wedding party that I ended up with lumps in my creamed potato and we were the only 2 people sitting in the restaurant! My tip,s for this hotel would be if you are getting married...perfect venue..if you need a room with adaptations..excellent venue... if booking a Red Letter experience then make sure their isn,t a wedding going on as I am sure everything would be first class and as described by other reviewers From our point of view a disappointing break considering the money our Son,s paid....

Room Tip: Don,t book when a wedding being held at this venue!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
LSCHTenterden, Owner at Little Silver Country Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to place this frank and honest review, your points have been noted and will be acted on. Like many hotels, Little Silver hosts functions of different types particularly at weekends. This is identified on our booking terms and conditions available to view on our web site. Quality standards at the hotel though should not slip just because we are busy, we are sorry that you found this the case on your visit. Nevertheless, we are really pleased you found many aspects of the hotel to your satisfaction and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
london
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Me and my sister attended this venue for the evening reception for my work colleagues wedding this weekend.. I was shocked by the service we received... From start too finish the staff can not do enough to make your stay comfortable!
We even had a call in the morning, which can I say was not asked for.. We was asked if we would be coming down for breakfast.. We kindly asked if we could have breakfast delivered too the room and the my DID!! We also asked for a later check out and again they said this was fine so no extra charge!
Would like too thank all the staff who make our one night stay an unforgettable experience.. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2014
LSCHTenterden, Manager at Little Silver Country Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us & were able to celebrate with Jonathan and Elena in true style! It is always our aim to ensure that all our guests leave the hotel with very fond memories and I'm glad we were able to achieve this. It really was not a problem to see whether you would like any breakfast and deliver it to your room or indeed allow a later check out as we did not have a function taking place that required all the rooms.

Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review and we all hope to see you again in the future!
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014

The day from start to finish was amazing, Oliver was the perfect Master of Ceremonies. We have received nothing but compliments from friends and family for the choice of venue for our son and daughter-in-laws wedding. We stayed overnight in one of the four poster rooms, very comfortable and breakfast was delicious. Our thanks go to Oliver and his wonderful staff for helping to make it a very special and perfect day.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

LSCHTenterden, Owner at Little Silver Country Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you so much for placing such a glowing review on Trip Advisor. This is really important for us as it will be read by future couples looking for a wedding venue. Your comments will I'm sure help make up their minds that Little Silver is the place to get married.
Thank you for your personal e-mail to me which our staff have now seen, e-mails like that give us all a great feeling and tremendous job satisfaction.
We are very happy that Helen and Robert has such a good time, we look forward to welcoming them back in the future and again thank you for your comments.
Ingatestone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a two night stay for business. Having looked around at the different deals, I opted for this lovely hotel based on the reviews it had received and I was not disappointed.
As they were quiet my room was upgraded which really added to the value of my booking but with the service received from all staff, my original rom booking would still have been good value for money.
Every member of staff I encountered was helpful and friendly and I received consistent serviced from all team members. It was also lovely to be asked if I needed any help with bags from my car which was a lovely personal touch they I have not had at other hotels.
The food in the restaurant was amazing and it seemed that both dinner and breakfast was cooked to order ensuring fresh meals.
I would definitely recommend a stay here if you are in the area, I could not fault it and would definitely stay again if I need to stay in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

LSCHTenterden, Owner at Little Silver Country Hotel, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Thank you for your excellent review. Your comments really sum up our objectives at this hotel which is to provide excellent service at affordable prices. Our chefs insist on using local produce wherever possible thus supporting the local economy and helping to ensure that the food they produce is of excellent quality.
Again, thank you for placing this review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Little Silver in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tenterden
London Beach Country Hotel & Spa
#1 of 4 in Whitstable
Burlington Hotel
Burlington Hotel
#1 of 10 in Folkestone

Been to Little Silver Country Hotel? Share your experiences!