“Good food and atmosphere”
Review of The Chaser Inn

The Chaser Inn
Ranked #8 of 110 Restaurants in Tonbridge
Price range: US$26 - US$39
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: There is a bus stop directly opposite the pub as well as main line train stations in Borough Green and Tonbridge which are both approximately 10 mins drive.
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We visited on a weekday at lunchtime. It was quite busy and it should be noted that you order at the bar rather than at the table. Food and service were very good.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We booked here for Sunday lunch in the restaurant following a lovely walk in the surrounding countryside. It was a lovely warm sunny day, so we sat in the garden for a while having a drink. It is always busy here, and the car park and roads nearby were solid.

It is a large and characterful pub, with a bar area where you can sit and eat without boking, a conservatory area with a glass roof, and the main restaurant. Decoration is in the Whiting & Hammond style, large open rooms with wooden tables, candles, and lots of pictures on the walls. The menu had a good selection of roasts, together with a range of dishes to suit most tastes. My Wife chose the roast chicken, while I had the steak & kidney pie with roast potatoes and Yorkshire pudding. We shared a selection of vegetables. The meals were of a good size, hot, and very tasty. I washed mine down with a beer from a range of good real ales.

We had a bit of room for dessert, so decided to share a spotted dick and custard. When it arrived it was disappointingly small, but was very scrummy indeed. Even though it was busy throughout, the service was friendly and efficient. Despite the small dessert, the overall value was reasonable. We made sure they swiped our Whiting & Hammond loyalty card before we left.

If you want a Sunday lunch in the restaurant you really must book. The Chaser is consistently good, and is recommended.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

This is a lovely welcoming restaurant worth the trip if do not live locally.

It has a number of restaurants in the chain and the other ones I have visited, are of the same standard and friendly.

Worth a trip out.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

We had a great time at the chaser. We will definitely be returning.

We called in for lunch and sat in the bar, my only "dislike" was that you had to order at the bar. Perhaps we just sat in the wrong part.

Will definitely be returning as the food was fantastic.

1  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Stunning views of the countryside and the little church.
Cosy fires in the Winter, and a pretty little garden in the Summertime.
Interesting choice of food and cooked to perfection.
The only negative thing I have to say about this place that we visit often, is the vague sense of unwelcome. Not from the staff, but actually from the locals that frequent it.
Not a fan of being stared at when I walk in to a pub. Perhaps if I put on my Barbour, my Hunters and had a black Lab in tow?..

1  Thank Lexi D