“Exciting new curries”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Tunbride Wells
“Exciting new curries”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

The Pepper lounge might just be the most interesting development in Curry in Tonbridge at the moment . A slow change in menu from traditional british inspired curry house faves to authentic Indian dishes can only mean lots of great new dishes to explore in coming months . The restaurant is small but you dont feel crammed in , its very clean and just been redecorated . The food was very tasty and spicing well pitched . My wife who prefers mild had a great murgh with masses of quality chicken topped with a coconut cream sauce and I had a very nice goan lamb dry curry with lots of ginger and fresh herbs . Its BYO for drink so price is reasonable too . Owner/managers passion for what he is trying to achieve really came across without being in your face . This will be going on our list of regular places to eat.

London, United Kingdom
“Expectations Surpassed”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I dined here for a birthday celebration and had a great evening. The food and ambience were better than I'd anticipated, and you can bring your own alcohol which meant I could enjoy a fine Barolo with my meal for shop prices. I look forward to returning.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Jennifer F
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Really disappointing”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I'm sorry to say that the takeaway we had from here last night was hugely disappointing. From order to being ready to collect our meal (with three meat dishes) took less than 15 minutes, so there is no way it could all have been cooked from scratch. My dish contained a lot of onions which were almost inedible as they were undercooked and all of us felt our sauces were very bland - as if they hadn't been cooked long enough for flavours to develop. My partner said that the rice was reheated. Its a shame because it is very cheap, not busy and it would be nice for a small restaurant to do well, but I will be ordering from one of the many local alternatives in future.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank PaulIanLyons
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
“Great food, shame it isn't busier”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My mum and I visited the Pepper Lounge on a Saturday night, arriving around 8pm. We were the only people there for the whole of our stay, which was a shame, as the food was delicious and and service friendly. It was my second visit and I was surprised by the lack of other diners, as it had been bustling on my previous visit around 9 months earlier.
Despite the lack of atmosphere we enjoyed our meal, and I would return. A particular bonus point is that you can "bring your own" alcoholic drinks, which keeps the - already reasonable - price down.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Rooby183
Guangzhou, China
“Probably the best Indian food in Tonbridge”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We get a lot of take away's from here.

Food is always well cooked and very tasting.

Prawn Puri is exceptional. So is the Tandoori Chop.

My son loves the Chicken Tikka Massala. He is only 6 and likes a bit of spice but not too much. This is his perfect curry.

The Lamb Dansak is really good too. I highly recommended the mint lamb Bhuna.

Portions are large and everything tastes very fresh. We went and ate once and I took a few beers with me and had a fantastic meal.

We will only eat the curry in Tonbridge from the Pepper Lounge,..

• Visited October 2013