“Fantastic”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Tonbridge
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stay here at the Rose and Crown regular. I wish I could take this Hotel around the country with me! The Staff are fantastic.....Sue, Lisa, Helen, Jade, Richard the Manager. The Bar staff are very friendly and also the girls that are on for breakfast. What I do like is that if there is nothing on the menu that I would like for dinner...I only have to ask and the Chef will do his/her best for me. This is a Hotel I enjoy and have the pleasure in staying in because I really can relax here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Richard K, Owner at Best Western Rose and Crown in Tonbridge, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Ian H: Thank you for your review and kind words about the hotel, we pride our selves in customer service and our Chef loves to cook dishes off menu when asked! I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Having spent evenings in "chain hotels" for work over the years, I find that they are stale and mundane.
It is safe to say that this hotel doesn't fit into that category. Great looking building and equally tasteful decor inside.
The room itself was very characteristic being part of the older building. Clean and we'll appointed.
The food was outstanding and the chef must be congratulated for the superb offerings on a rather good menu.
The staff are a credit to the owner, helpful and courteous from check in to check out.
I would recommend this Best Western to friends and other businesses.

Keep up the great work!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, being an independent hotel we can be different to a chain of hotels. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

I visit this hotel regularly and highly recommend this lovely old worlde hotel in its quaint characterful building - right in the heart of the picturesque old town of Tonbridge - a stones throw from the river, the beautiful park and of course the castle ... The food is exceptional and good value and the staff are all brilliant - if you want to stay in Tonbridge you will not find a better hotel

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Steveshaw101: Thank you for your review and compliments about the hotel and especially the food, we pride our selves to give great service. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Reviewed 16 May 2014

100% the best hotel I have stayed at in a long time. Service, food, cleanliness and overall atmosphere of the hotel were on a par of true brilliance. I hope to be working in Kent again so I can enjoy the service of this venue again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Lightreviews: Thank you for your review and compliments about the hotel. I am very happy that you had a great stay with us and we all look forward to you returning in the future.
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The hotel has undergone an amazing transformation since my previous stay years ago. The rooms were clean and had all the amenities one would expect, the staff were polite and helpful and the food (which i believe has recently been updated) was delicious.

Lovely to see a hotel with character and history brought up to the modern day so well.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Alex8293: Thank your for your review about the hotel, I am am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and liked the character of the old building. I look forward to you returning in the future.
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the Rose and Crown last week and I could not commend it highly enough. The staff were welcoming and attentive, the rooms are beautifully appointed and the food was absolutely delicious.

We were treated like royalty - the care and attention to detail is something everyone should have the opportunity to experience. The staff at the Rose and Crown are exemplary - they are genuine, warm, friendly and very professional. These are innate characteristics that can't be taught but are surely felt by all that stay at the Rose and Crown.

Our sincere thanks to Richard, we had a truly wonderful time and we will most certainly be returning.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Nick M: Thank you for your review. I am glad you very much enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind words & I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying at this wonderful hotel last week.
First impression was excellent, through the front doors to a newly renovated bar/lounge area which was very tastefully done. I had a twin room which had a certain amount of character. This is not only an old building and as you can imagine requires constant looking after which it appears they are doing a good job of keeping on top of.
The staff were absolutely fantastic, professional and attentive to the highest level from the cleaning staff right through to the duty manager. I've stayed in my fair share of Best Western hotels, and frankly they are much of a muchness however this was different. All the staff seemed to genuinely care about my experience during the stay and couldn't do enough for me.
Lastly, I want to mention the meal. It was brilliant, wow! An extensive menu, clearly a real professional chef(s) there were plenty of locals eating there who were not staying at the hotel.
I really cannot praise this place enough and whilst there isn't really too many reasons to take the wife to Tonbridge, I will certainly be taking her backo stay at this hotel. Bravo, a real find!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Pro5W: Thank you for your review and for the compliments about the hotel, food & staff. I very much look forward to you returning in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tonbridge
Premier Inn Tonbridge North Hotel
Premier Inn Tonbridge Hotel
Hadlow Manor Hotel
Hadlow Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hadlow
Best Western Plus Donnington Manor Hotel
Mercure Tunbridge Wells
Best Western Plus Hever Hotel

Been to Best Western Rose and Crown in Tonbridge? Share your experiences!