Best Western Rose and Crown in Tonbridge
Hadlow Manor(Hadlow)
US$64
US$102
US$146
Anand Lodge(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
US$80
US$59
  • Room Service
The Royal Wells Hotel(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
US$158
US$146
Russell Hotel(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
US$87
Hotel du Vin & Bistro(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
US$138
US$124
Travelocity
Smart and Simple Hotel(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
US$78
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewshigh streetold coaching inncreaking floorboardscentre of townwestern hotelsbiscuitsold worlduneven floorsquaint hotelbar and restaurantcentral locationthe hotel car parkevening mealplenty of hot waterno liftshort stayovernight stay
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last weekend as we were attending a wedding in the local area. On arriving the staff were really friendly and we were swiftly checked in and directed to our room. The building is charming and obviously has a rich history. Our room was very clean and comfortable and the slightly slanting floors gave it real character. We had a lovely nights sleep and even coming back after midnight was not a problem as the desk and bar is open 24hrs. The next morning again the staff were very friendly and accommodating especially Lisa she made our stay really great nothing was too small for her notice and she really made us feel welcomed and valued. I would defiantly suggest the rose and crown to friends and family and if I'm in the area again would always choose to stay there.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Richard K, Owner at Best Western Rose and Crown in Tonbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Victoria C: Thank you for your review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the rose and crown for a business trip for 3 days in the garden wing and I cannot fault the service provided. Yes the hotel is old but that makes it all the more interesting. Room was immaculate and staff were very helpful especially Tracy the housekeeper supplying me extra pillows and getting me and iron and ironing board straight away. This was great for me as I've stayed at previous hotels here I've had to wait ages for extras I've requested. All in all a great stay and I will be back

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Richard K, Owner at Best Western Rose and Crown in Tonbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

LRebecca68: Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed gere last night. Yes I have read the reviews and I did worry a bit although now I have visited and stayed in this beautiful old victorian building im glad I made my booking. We arrived a little early but that was no bother our room was ready for us and we checked in. We walked to our room and my heart started going wondering wat was behind the door as the hotel we stayed in the night before was a nightmare and after reading the reviews I thought I was in for another bad night lesson to learn dont always believe wat you read! I couldnt have been so wrong. We entered our lovely decorated room and it smelt so clean and fresh I felt relief. Walking around our room and we were comparing our room from the night before in another hotel. This one was very clean and fresh and the bed was so comfortable plus the room had plenty of clothes space :-) (my bonus) The bath room was clean and had some lovely bits for us to use. I had the best sleep followed by a loveky breakfast complements to the chef. We went bk to our room were I used the tea and biscuits supplied as we were packing to leave although I did ask my partner to say another night we had to return home but will most definitely be returning every chance possible.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Richard K, Owner at Best Western Rose and Crown in Tonbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Lindsey 8: Thank you for your review. I am very happy that you had a great stay. I have passed your comments to Housekeeping. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for twelve weeks Monday to Friday on business.
Not your usual bland hotel, quirky, individual,and different spring to mind.
If you want aircon,a lift,and double glazing go to a modern box hotel!
If you want 16th century character and brilliant staff stay here!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Gavin M
Richard K, Owner at Best Western Rose and Crown in Tonbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Gavin M: Thank you for your review I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind words about the character of the hotel.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I grew up in the Tonbridge area and the Rose & Crown always looked like a place I wanted to stay. When the opportunity arose we booked a Superior Room. However, the mugs and teaspoons were dirty, the room had not been dusted or vacuumed, there was only half a roll of loo paper and no soap. We also noted that the public areas were dusty. We decided to eat at the hotel and were told it was the Sunday menu, which looked ok. The food was disgusting. I had a cod with leek & mushroom pasta. It was dried out, was not freshly cooked - had been reheated so poorly it was not even hot. My husband had the roast beef which again was reheated as was the Yorkshire pudding, potatoes and vegetables. The bar prices were incredibly high too, wine was well over priced - don't touch the house wine, I'm no connoisseur but it tasted awful.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trish B

Trish B: Thank you for your review, please accept my apologies especially for the food as we pride our selves in serving good quality locally sourced food.