“Great experience - wonderful company”

Airborne Balloon Flights
More attraction details
Owner description: The South East's largest operator of champagne hot air balloon flights over Kent & Sussex
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My boyfriend bought me this wonderful present for Christmas. Unfortunately our balloon ride was cancelled twice, but this is to be expected with the delightful English weather that we have. We had an early start but it was all worth it when we arrived at the beautiful grounds of Leeds Castle before opening hours.
This was a wonderful experience that is unlike any other. I loved floating above the castle... a glass of champagne made it even better. The guys at Airborne balloon flights were great and told you interesting information during your flight. You also have the opportunity help pack up the massive balloon, which can be quite comical!

1  Thank HolidayAnyone
AirborneBalloons, Front Office Manager at Airborne Balloon Flights, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Holidayanyone
Thank you for your lovely comments following your recent flight with your boyfriend. The wait for a flight due to the weather can sometimes be frustrating but it is always well worth it when you get up there and experiernce the views!
We love your choice of photographs, especially the overhead view of Leeds Castle.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Hi everyone
I booked a balloon flight last year October 2013 for my anniversary and unfotunately the flight was cancelled due to bad weather. Dissapointing but hey ho, we booked again and the same happened. You then have to wait until April 2014 to book because they dont fly in the winter. We are sitting at home today having booked for a 3rd time Friday 30th May 2014 on a clear glorious morning having found out the previous night that the flight was cancelled again. I now have to wait until August to try again. If that does not hapen I will lose my money £210. Im not saying its like this for everyone but beware it may never happen.

1  Thank Anthony E
AirborneBalloons, Owner at Airborne Balloon Flights, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

We're sorry that your flight was cancelled - we've checked the weather forecast for that day and although it was indeed sunny, we had some quite strong winds during our flying period and indeed no balloons flew on that day.

We're not sure why you have to wait until August to rebook, as of course we are flying throughout the summer. Nevertheless, please be reassured about your voucher, as all vouchers are extended into the following season on a monthly basis, and without charge, if you have attempted to fly with us in the previous season but were thwarted by the weather.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

My husband booked a flight for my birthday and it was amazing! We managed to get up the third time we booked (1st 2 times cancelled due to the weather). Sandy in the office was helpful & friendly every time I phoned for booking or weather updates and Chris & James (pilot & crew) were professional & friendly too. The experience was great from start to finish. Taking off from Leeds Castle was stunning & the flight itself was smooth, graceful & very relaxing (champagne was a really lovely touch). Chris gave just the right amount of information/commentary & it was fun to be a little involved in the setting up & packing away of the balloon.
It is something I had wanted to do for a very long time & completely lived up to expectations. We would now love to do the whole thing again! We would highly recommend Airborne Balloon Flights. Thank you!

1  Thank MommaMLondon
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My wife arranged this for my birthday in August 2012 and we just got round to going on it. The weather has recently picked up as we all know but it looked like thunder was on it's way. As it happened there was a little cloud but it was lovely and warm and fantastic.

The Pilot and his crew were amazing and kept us informed with things that were going on all of the time and were happy to chat. We had to go out and try and land near to Leeds castle because of the way the wind was blowing and this all added to the excitement of it. We found ourselves in Headcorn airport and after about 45 mins we were underway and it was around 7.30 pm.

The flight was brilliant along with the in-flight Lamberhurst Champagne which you could pour for yourself. As we approached Leeds Castle (which to me was a miracle in itself considering there are no wings, rudders or steering wheels) the pilot Chris, made the balloon do a 360 degree circle so that those at the back could take some pictures from the front, as it were, so that we all got a chance.

We flew in over the top of Leeds Castle landing a few yards from the Moat.

I cannot recommend this trip enough and I would like to say a big thankyou to the Crew of Airborne and to my wife Lynn for giving me this wonderful present.

1  Thank Barrington55