Booked family room. Checked in just around 5pm. Immediately went out. Returned around ~10pm to go to bed. As my son lay on his single bed it sagged on one side in the middle. My wife checked it and confirmed the bed was broken and spoke to reception. Following a quick look, the duty manager agreed the bed was broken. Whilst the duty manager was polite, we were essentially accused of breaking the bed, as ‘there wasn’t a problem when I checked it in the morning’. We confirmed we had done no such thing and asked if an alternative room or replacement bed was available. The duty manager confirmed neither was possible. This was disappointing. Naturally, what followed wasn’t a great night’s sleep. The next morning, as were checking out, we bumped into the same duty manager. She very politely asked if everything was OK. I’m not sure what she wanted us to say? Having left the hotel and put our baggage in our car, we went for breakfast at the Beefeater next door. We ordered three English breakfasts at ~10am. They didn’t arrive until ~11am. Again, the waitress was very polite apologising for the delay but this wasn’t much comfort. We were tired and hungry! We have used Premier Inn several times and generally been impressed. Unfortunately, we won’t be hurrying back to Tonbridge North. We have also learned an important lesson. To immediately check all beds when given a room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beside the Oast Theatre and not far from Hever Castle and the grand Penshurst Place and Gardens ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Premier Inn Tonbridge North Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Tonbridge North Hotel Tonbridge
- Premier Inn Tonbridge North Hotel Kent