“Highly recommended”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and me visited this restaurant yesterday with the intention to try oysters. Once inside and having studied the menu decided to share a starter, mussels, and then both choose the sea bass. We could not have chosen better. The quality of both was superb with freshness unquestionable. The side dishes were a perfect addition and the local produce Flint Dry wine a perfect choice. Not cheap but excellent quality in top surroundings.

Visited May 2014

Swindon
“The Pearl of Whistable!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

If you love seafood and a romantic atmosphere then this is the place for you. Grilled oysters to start with followed by the most delicious local lobster and all washed down with a very good dry white.
It's expensive but this is the place to eat in Whistable with friends or that special person. The staff were friendly and attentive. Well worth a visit!

Malta
“Cannot get much closer to the sea....in Whitstable”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Rustic, vibrant and the freshest local fish and seafood.
What a great location and eating experience, whether sunny or not.
You must go there!

• Visited April 2014
london
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I went there recently, the place and the location are lovely , I really liked the atmosphere . They have a good selection of drinks. The food was average and I was disappointed that they don't serve hot lobster as a main course. However the food is not expensive and I had a nice time there!

• Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Came for old times sake, glad we did”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I reviewed this restaurant a few years back, when it was a busy Bank Holiday weekend, and it was not a particularly good review, and we always say we wont go back! However, we remember when this building was derelict, and we have been coming for over 20 years now, it's hard to let go.
So we found ourselves here on a rainy bank Holiday Monday evening, knowing what to expect, but there was still some magic left.
It was quiet, as lots of people head home on the Monday. There were fairy lights, it was cosy and the three waiting staff were relaxed and friendly. This isn't always the case.
We had scallops to share for the starter, and they were delicious, chargrilled and served in a sweet sticky sauce, not too overpowering. Then I had the lobster, which at £25 I thought was good value. My husband had the fish and chips. £16.50 with mushy peas. But tonight it wasn't especially about the food. We all became fascinated by the flight of stairs in the middle of the room. I guess because it was so quiet, a couple of people became curious. So the waiter led us down the stairs to observe the oysters in a little pool, waiting to be selected and eaten. It was strange and funny and lovely to be able to see this. After all these years!! Never even realised it was there. For dessert I had the cheese, and the only disappointment was the use of unimaginative crackers from a tin, just like Granny serves at Christmas. I would have preferred bread.
BUT we had a great night. As the rain lashed outside, we were all sitting in a warm, lovely room, with a great atmosphere and food that always pleases, and the location is the very best in Whitstable, right on the beach.
It gets busy, it has its critics, but the Oyster fishery is here to stay.

• Visited May 2014