“WELL - good actually !!! ( not Very Good)”

Pearson's Arms Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 134 Restaurants in Whitstable
Price range: US$1 - US$135
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Why doesn't Trip Advisor have a GOOD rating ?- somewhere in between
Average and Very Good. Been wanting to go to Pearson's for a while.
Had to see what all the fuss was about, The food is pretty good, well everyone else's was, I had a huge chunk of raw calves liver ! they said it was cooked pink which is fine cooked in thin slices not nearly two inches thick - I didn't make a fuss as it was not appropriate in present company and there was some obnoxious muppet tearing the waitress off a strip on the table behind - apart from that it was a good meal - we will go back and give it another chance. The setting is lovely although parking tricky.
Allow 'forever' to get in and out of Whitstable

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Food over priced, uncomfortable table and chairs and the staff seem to have attended a course on how to sell you as much as they can, they were extremely pushy and made us feel on edge I will not be visiting again! There are much nicer and reasonably priced places to eat in whitstable. For the prices they charge for both food and drink they need to step up a league

1  Thank hope s
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We visited this pub while checking out where to eat that evening. On first impressions it seemed ok and in a good location. However, trying to work out which seat to choose left a lot to be desired! should we go for the old clapped out leather wing chairs that looked as if they had been pulled off a skip, or should we go for the old garden bench rust an all! It didn't take long to realise the owner was trying to go for a 'Shabby Chic' look but hadn't quite got it!! I went to the loo while my Husband ordered a drink. Gross, smelt of sick. When I returned unfortunately our drinks were paid for and my husband had chosen a table with a view (well could have been if the old clapped out landrover wasn't outside the window). Then the reason, why i'm bothered to write this review, my husband tells me that a glass of dry white and a pint had just cost £12.75! OMG, I have never felt so ripped off! Even more so as we sat listening to the staff discussing their wages with a distinct lack of vocabulary. We walked along to Neptunes after, Directly on the beach, no frills and no shock prices and a view to die for!

3  Thank Bee1969
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We decided to try this restaurant as we'd just moved into the area and it was recommended. Fair on them they seated us right away without a reservation at 12pm on a Sunday. After a while we got served for drinks and our order- we were downstairs so had no view but we came for the food anyway.

Starter:
Eggs Benedict- it was OK, there were no salt and pepper pots on the table and this dish really needed some seasoning- it was well-cooked just bland. My wife liked it anyway.

Main:
We both had the beef, I thought it over done but not my partner- the 2 slices of carrot and parsnip were very mean, again I thought it needed some flavour.

Dessert:
My wife had a poached fruit which was cold and not very good, I had the salted caramel parfait which was gorgeous and made the meal for me. In fact this dish is the only reason I wrote this review as it was truly exquisite, I only wish the rest of the meal was as outstanding.

Big complaint is the bill came with 10% already taken off for the tip, do we really need this in a place that charges £19.95 for a Sunday lunch? WIll not return just for the cheek as the service was terrible, please let me choose my tip next time.

6  Thank Jtlx
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Took mum there for her birthday, it was a hot summer day, the service was attentive but the food was disappointing for the price. Central London prices designed to exploit DFLs but the food was dressed up basic faire made without the skill I would expect.

3  Thank Bob_DVB