“Lovely house, perfect location”
other travellers have booked this property
Hideaway Cottage in Whitstable. A real treat.
2 dining tables, one in lounge area and one in conservatory. Can be moved together for large parties
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Hideaway Cottage in Whitstable. A real treat.
Shower cabin ensuite in downstairs flatlet, with seat for those that dont like to stand in a shower.
Bedroom 3 has sea views and en-suite. Optional walkway into main bathroom.and access to the balcony
View from the kitchen into the dining area conservatory
Well supplied Kitchen
Dishwasher, Butler sink and mood lighting
Play chess as you watch the sun go down
Watch the sun go down over the sea
Whitstable Yacht Club. Surrounded by so many eateries and traditional pubs
Ensuite to Master bedroom with multi shower and freestanding rolltop bath
Large relaxing lounge with four sofas, plentiful seating
Bedroom 4 with a double and single bed. Balcony and sea facing room.
Large freeview/Smart TVs in all rooms. Iphone player and charger. DVD and Video with lots to watch.
Large bedroom in downstairs flatlet
Hideaway Cottage Detached spacious property with parking for 2 cars and lovely sea-views
Large downstairs extra shower room with automatic lighting.
Charming, Spacious and light kitchen diner. This photo has been squashed to fit into the screen.
Large lounge with comfy seating for all
Automatic night mood lighting in downstairs flatlet
Neptune Pub on the beach, stop enroute for lunch, band night and or sea watching with a cool beer
Kitchenette in downstairs flatlet with toaster and kettle
Downstairs flatette off of main kitchen with garden acces/patio doors and window
Master suite with mood lighting.
New ensuite and dressing area off of Master suite.
Plentiful storage. 4 chest of drawers and large wardrobe.
Walk through from bathroom and Master bedroom to dressing room.
Warming stove. Bring your own logs or let us supply for a small charge. A treat winter and summer
Driveway for two vehicles.
Ever changing views
Enjoy seaviews if youd like whilst relaxing in this deep roll top bath.
Columbia Road Park. great playground for children and grass for dogs. Two streets walk away.
Recycling baskets and walkway off of kitchen into optional flatlet
Pub garden, decking and play area perfect for families and pet owners wanting to enjoy the seaviews
Bedroom 4. One comfy double and one comfy single bed.
Balcony and seaviews
Small secluded cottage garden with plentiful seating. A real sun trap, early till late.
Pretty night time lights.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Dutch first
Any
pinkbrody...
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Hidden costs and rudeness ruined an otherwise lovely stay”
Reviewed 1 April 2014 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

I have just recently moved down South and was very excited to have my friends come and stay for the weekend. All of us stayed in the Hideaway, which is a lovely cottage (aside from the mould on the wall in the Master bedroom) on the seafront.

Upon arrival at the cottage we were greeted by NUMEROUS post it notes around the cottage. The post it notes informed us that there had been prior problems with the toilet and would block easily...therefore upon the advice of our Plumber friend in the group; we came up with an 'only #1 rule' for that toilet. You can imagine our surprise then when we returned from the trip that we were informed that we had blocked the toilet. Surprised further that the blockage had come from flushing sanitary towels; as all the female guests are pregnant. So I shall be having serious words with my boyfriend as there is clearly something he is not telling me. £50 was taken for plumbers fees.

Overall the trip was ruined by the Owners subsequent sarcasm, rude and unwelcoming unprofessional manner. For an example of the kind of thing I mean, see below as I'm certain this review will attract a 'witty' response from aforementioned owner. As a result, I will not be recommending the Hideaway to any of the numerous family or friends who intend to visit me in the future. Shame.

Regards, Lola.

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
11 Apr 2014
Dear Lola & Aimee Childs. Firstly you told me that you had a lovely stay. There is no mould on the wall (a small water leak which happened just prior during the storms) and there was no problem with toilet upon your arrival. if you had informed me of any problems I would have ensured all were fixed immediately as I take great pride in making sure all is perfect for all holidaymakers. You decided not to tell me about either issue and instead allowed my housekeeper on the Sunday to find an overflowing blocked toilet. If your friend is a plumber he would have been able to fix the blockage caused during your stay surely rather than tell all in the party not to use this loo, although i would have sent someone if aware of the problem.
Your deposit was returned in full despite the damage and panic that you caused in not informing us so that we had little time to prepare for the next guests. Leaving problems such as this for my housekeeper to find on a Sunday is unfair. My phone number is in the property and on all paperwork and a quick text would have had the toilet unblocked without any disruption to you.
There are no hidden costs. Everything is on the website and on the email sent with each enquiry. You chose to pay via paypal even though i told you they take charges and if you pay via bank it is free.
i hope you have happy holidays in the future, though im also sure you will have had a good time at Hideaway & I ask that you let the management or owners know of any problems small or otherwise as you find so that they can be fixed immediately and not just left for the next guests to have to find. Yours sincerely, Kim, owner.
ToniaCee
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely house, perfect location”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

I stayed at Hideaway with my boyfriend and our dog. The house was lovely and provided us with everything we needed (although you do need to bring everything you might need to cook with as there was only salt in the cupboard!) and the location suited us really well with the dog. You can see the sea from the living room and upstairs which is lovely and it only takes a few minutes to walk down to the beach. It's directly opposite a lovely pub which does amazing fish and chips and has a dog friendly beer garden and you are well situated to witness some amazing sunsets. We had the wood stove going in the evenings which was really cosy and well worth doing in the colder months. The house was very clean and well appointed. Would definitely recommend.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
2 Apr 2014
Im really pleased it was just the break you needed and wish you all the best for the coming year.
Lynne2501
Oxford, United Kingdom
“A bit tired”
Reviewed 20 February 2014 for a stay in September 2012
person found this review helpful

Stayed here in Sept 2012. May have been updated since then but it was like staying at your Gran's house. Far too many disparate Nic nacs and pictures. China and cutlery all mis matched. A sea view and beach over the road ( but over a railway track first, wasn't mentioned in the description). We chose this property as it had rare off street parking. It was a good 25-30 min walk into Whitstable though so didn't feel like we were in the town.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
7 Mar 2014
Dear Lynne, it is a real disappointment that after 2 years you have thought to put such a poor review on. i am forever improving/maintaining Hideaway and it is a lovely modern property. Maybe you are getting muddled with another as your stay was such a long time ago. If your Gran has a property as modern as Hideaway you must be really proud. I beleive you are giving all completely the wrong impression just so that you can get your senior super starage tripadvisor status. I hope this doesnt damage the 5 star reputation myself and my housekeeper have acheived at Hideaway and that guests do not miss out on a lovely holiday just because of our out of date review. Yours sincerely, Mrs Matthews.
Shanine01
“Lovely stay”
Reviewed 13 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013

I stayed here with a group of friends for the night and thought the house was lovely and so was the area, with a lovely view of the sea from the windows too!. With convenient shops near, a pub and the sea, there is everything you need :) would definitely come and stay again in the future!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
europaar
germany
“Lovely atmosphere”
Reviewed 23 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013
person found this review helpful

We spent a wonderful week at Hideaway Cottage.
It is perfectly positioned as a base for a holiday in Whitstable and the surrounding area.
The house was very well equipped and comfortable, and was a perfect home for our stay. We loved the calm atmosphere and the feeling of space and light, particularly in the kitchen and dining room.
We were very lucky with the weather considering we were there in October, and we only needed to use the heating on the last evening when it began to feel a little chilly. There is a lovely looking log burner that we didn’t need to use, but I’m sure this would make the lovely atmosphere even cosier in winter.
We only used the kitchen for breakfasts, but it was very well equipped for cooking, should you need to. The only thing missing for us was a coffee machine, but as we had checked with Kim beforehand, we knew that we needed to take a cafetiere with us.
We would not hesitate to return to Hideaway in future, and would highly recommend.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everyone having their own space, thanks to the three bathrooms
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
24 Oct 2013
Thank you for your review. Im really pleased that you had a lovely time. As Im a dedicated tea drinker I know not the first thing about coffee. If you could email me with a few suggestions as to what sort of coffee machine I should purchase then I will look into getting one for future guests. Have a good rest of year. Kind regards Kim.
12lola
Colchester, United Kingdom
“A Haven for Adults, Children & Dogs”
Reviewed 4 October 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Our party consisted of myself, wife, elderly mother-in-law (84) & two Jack Russell's
We all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The downstairs bedroom & shower room were the reason we chose this property for the mother-in-law. She was pleased with the comfy bed & remarked how clean & light the property was. There are so many facilities available at Hideaway, it was a home from home.
We ate out every day but the wife said everything was there if cooking was deemed necessary!. Lots to see & do, too many to mention but Whitstable is still a working harbour & long may it stay unspoiled.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Able to take the dogs. Secure garden.
Liked least: Steps in the garden were hard for Mother-in-law to gain access to the seating area
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
czaral
Thames Ditton, United Kingdom
“Beautiful cottage in a great area”
Reviewed 17 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

We all really enjoyed our stay at the 'Hideaway'. I had organised a surprise trip away for the family as it was my Dad's 60th and the rental particularly caught our eye because it could sleep up to 8 guests and accepted dogs.

When are arrived I was pleasantly surprised as I thought the place looked ok and nice in the photo's but it's even nicer when you get there. The cottage was so well kept, clean and smelt fresh - there's always a thought when a place accepts dogs that it could potentially smell of dog but it was sooooo clean and spotless.

All the bedrooms were lovely, the layout of the house was really well thought out. Dogs aren't allowed upstairs but there's a double bedroom downstairs so it meant we could be closer to our dog whilst my parents took the master bedroom and my sister took the other bedroom which has a double and a single in it.

The bathrooms were also both great and very clean.

The outside patio is perfect for good weather and socialising and the kitchen/diner was spacious and practical. The only thing i'd mention is if you're cooking anything remember to bring every ingredient and don't forget your tea bags, coffee, milk and sugar.

The location of the cottage is about a 15 minute walk into the centre of Whitstable - you can walk on the road or via the beach. To access the beach path turn right out the house and a few yards on your left you'll see an alley signposted to access the beach - this was a lovely route to walk in and you can stop off at the Old Neptune pub for a pint or wine before eating at one of the many fine eateries.

The only negative I can find is that i thought the wifi was quite pricey (we didn't book it in the end) but apart from that everything else was perfect.

Overall we had a fantastic stay. The cottage suits 3 couple comfortably. We'd definitely stay again and highly recommend it. Kim and Paul the owners were so helpful and the whole booking process was straightforward.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cleanliness of all the rooms
Liked least: The wifi price
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
17 Jul 2013
Hi Caroline, thank you and I'm so glad your Dad and all your family had a lovely stay.
We are forever enhancing Hideaway and we have planned a new kitchen/diner to be installed before the end of the year with a seaside theme.
I have taken on board your mention of the wifi and have amended the price for future holidaymakers from today onwards.
Kind Regards Kim and Paul.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing