“Avoid at ALL COSTS”

Price range: US$30 - US$61
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Serving irresistible Italian cuisine in casual, friendly surroundings, Prezzo uses only the finest seasonal ingredients to create their award-winning pizzas, as well as other dishes prepared with produce sourced directly from Italy, all at prices that emphasise great value for money. Situated in prime and appealing settings throughout London and the U.K, Prezzo's chic, contemporary restaurant are often housed within historic buildings or buildings of local interest. Whatever the location though, Prezzo consistently offers an outstanding venue perfect for informal dining, business meetings, parties and other celebrations, aided by the charming and welcoming staff. Showcasing Prezzo's widely renowned pizzas, the delicious menus also offer a rich variety of antipasti dishes, creamy risottos and pasta, not to mention succulent chargrilled meats, fresh salads and a range of tasty specials for you to try. Finish up with your choice of Italian wine and coffee, not to mention an indulgent dessert, and you will have certainly enjoyed an exceptional Italian meal that you won't soon forget.
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My friend and I went to Whitstable last night to celebrate my 30th Birthday. We decided at about 9pm to go to Prezzo for some dinner. We walked in and asked for a table for two, we were seated no problem, we were then given a menu.

Our "waiter" Sam then heard my friend and I discussing what we were going to order, I have a stomach condition which can make eating out very difficult, we looked up and asked for a bottle of house wine. We were informed by Sam the "waiter" that we could not have alcohol if I was only ordering a starter (my friend was having a main), he stated due to licencing. Having a licence myself I found this strange and we asked for he manager. A girl then came to our table, stated that as my friend was having a main it was fine. So we ordered a bottle of wine, I ordered a started and my friend her main.

10 Minutes later Sam appears again stating that we were not going to be served alcohol as we were to intoxicated.

We challenged him we are two adults we were not "drunk" we were not causing noise or any other issues.

We then went to the bar where the "manger" was Milan. He informed us that the waiter decided we were too drunk and per licencing laws (which I am familiar with) that he could decline to serve us.

So Prezzo which is it, your licence that states you HAVE to have a main, or when that failed a made up excuse of apparently being too drunk? Bottom line they didn't want to serve us as we were not having three courses and it was getting late! This is disgusting a big chain of which we often used deciding that they cant be bothered. The manager had no clue and was being led by his staff that basically wanted to go home.

Needless to say we left and went to another restaurant and had a lovely meal and then onto several other public houses for wine. Which was served to us as we were not drunk, so Prezzo were those places all breaking the law?

This really put a downer on my night out with my friend to celebrate my birthday. The manager needs sacking and I will be complaining to the area manager of the chain however I will never step foot in one of their premises again. The waiter needs to make contact with us and apologise maybe a customer service course would be appropriate?

DO NOT USE THIS RESTAURANT!

4  Thank Tigra666

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Standard Prezzo Menu. Staff were OK if a little scruffy. Restaurant itself not particularly tidy. Would think again before visiting this branch of the Prezzo chain

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We hadn't booked so we were pleased to be given a table, though it was close to a noisy very long table full of celebrating females. He had a pizza and I ate a past dish followed by tiramisu which was lovely.

1  Thank Caroline R
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We visited here (had to book as it gets busy over the weekends) when staying in Whitstable for Easter weekend. Even though it was the bank holiday Monday and the staff had obviously had a busy weekend. The service was good and the food value for money.

1  Thank Janey M
Reviewed 20 April 2014

With 4 adults a teen and 2 little ones to please Prezzo pulled it off easily, Good food and even better service you can't go wrong.
Not my 1st visit to this restaurant, and I will be using it more.

1  Thank DAVID R