“Value for money ”

Description: http://www.seewhitstable.com/pages/P1010612_JPG.htm
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Value for money ”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I had the mariners seafood platter it was excellent with prawns squid whitebait and more my partner had the prawn and crab salad again plenty and excellent.

Surrey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude landlord!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Can't rate anything other than customer service as had only walked over the threshold with a friend looking for our party of ten people who had walked ahead to the pub. We were both holding cups of costa coffee with no intention of sitting drinking them in there but were merely looking for our party to let them know we would meet them on beach later! We were met with a very rude shout from the landlord 'You can't come in here! I serve tea and coffee in here you can't come in!' We were rather surprised and explained we were only looking for friends but he wasn't interested and told us to get out! Fortunately our friends weren't in there as I would never spend money in a place where the landlord shouts and barks at you to get out when he knows nothing about your situation! Totally will avoid ever going in there and will spread the word - don't need to be spoken to so rudely!!!! Manners cost nothing!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Phoebe99
Herne Bay Kent
“Fantastic Food”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We have drank in this pub for years now on and off but stupidly we had never tried the food. Well now we have and are cross with ourselves that we didn't try it earlier as it was lovely and really good value for money. We will defiantly be eating here again very soon!

Whitstable, United Kingdom
“Mothers Day let down”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Went their for something to eat, but order 4 small dishes to share between us. Firstly we waited 1/2 an hour for the food to be deep fried and brought out. When it eventually came the calamari was swimming in oil. It was totally inedible and spoilt the rest of the food for us.
On complaining to the manageress we were told "you have your money back what more do you want?" We eat there many times over the course of the year, but will NEVER be going back there.
Never been spoken to like that.
The ladies toilets could have also done with a good clean, as there was empty sanitary dressings left on the floor. Yuck!!! What a let down to an otherwise lovely day.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Unhappy2801
Whitstable, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor food, poor customer service”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Took mum here for Mother's Day as in the past we had lovely small dishes of food and me being 6 months pregnant I wanted to go somewhere that I trusted. However, after ordering 4 small meals we waited 30 minutes for the food to be served I had to go and chase it (we were the only people eating in there, only 3 other groups of people in there...not busy at all) 10 minutes later our food was served.
Upon inspection we noticed that the tartar sauce served with the whitebait had already been used by someone else. We could tell because it was 1/4 full and had obvious dip marks, when I pointed it out to the waitress she swore blind that she had filled it a moment ago. I then pointed out that it wasn't full, had dip marks and the paper pot was soggy there wasn't much she could say.
The calamari we had was the most disgusting calamari I've ever had, it was completely sodden in oil with puddle of oil on the plate. When we sent it back there was no apology, it was just taken from me and taken back to the kitchen. We waited 15 minutes for a new plate which never arrived, I went to complain and just ask for a refund but I was greeted with the money for the refund without me being able to explain why I wanted the refund.
As we left I wanted the manager to know how disappointed I was with the service and I was just answered with an OK, no apology or anything.
I definitely don't recommend this place...go somewhere else!!!! The best thing they serve is the stuff they don't make i.e. the drinks!!!! Mind you they did charge me a large drink when in fact I only had a small...

Visited March 2014