“If the coffee reflects the food don't bother”

Waterfront Club Cafe Bar
Ranked #79 of 143 Restaurants in Whitstable
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 5 October 2018

2nd time I've been here the first time although impressed with the location was not impressed with the staff, clientele or drinks but today thought I'd try another again this time the lady serving was friendly and helpful but if the coffee was anything to go by I was glad I didn't eat These days coffee to me is important and quite a good indication of the rest of the menu This was without doubt one of the worst coffes I have ever had Maybe just me

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Good to catch some Autumn rays sitting outside the club on last days of September.
Good venue great staff.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

I have visited this bar many times before, mostly to watch the football in the evening.On this occasion, it was a Saturday afternoon, for a spot of lunch,and a relaxing pint on the decking. You can't ask for a better location, and if you hang around long enough, it's the place to be to see a great sunset. The food here is good pub grub,and reasonably priced.It has a good range of drinks,but could do with a few more ales.The staff are always friendly, and never keep you waiting. Always worth a visit,especially when the sun is shining.

1  Thank jeffwhennell
Reviewed 22 August 2018

I regularly visit The Waterfront as a stop on my long distances cycle rides. I've always found it a friendly place, with honest food, serve quickly. Great location and views over the sea too.

1  Thank rb58
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Unnecessarily rude staff, run down, came here for a good time as part of a charity walk, and was spoken to terribly by owners. Really disappointed. If I could give a worse rating I would. Was not given the chance to sit down before pressure to buy drinks, or leave the premises immediately. Then spoke disgracefully of us to locals. No customer service skips.

3  Thank JamesEddie6
whitstablebeach, Guest Relations Manager at Waterfront Club Cafe Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear JamesEddie6
I am sorry you did not enjoy your experience with us. Unfortunately being an establishment that sells both food and beverages we can not allow customers to bring their own. We did allow time for you to purchase from our bar but instead you unpacked your own picnic. It is against our policy allow visitors to bring their own food and drink, it will either be disposed of or you will be asked to leave.
We do hope you will return one day and enjoy some of our fresh cooked food from our own menu.