“Fantastic evening, lovely Birthday meal!!”

Mucini Italian Kitchen
Ranked #18 of 134 Restaurants in Whitstable
Price range: US$13 - US$67
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Mucini Italian Kitchen. Set in the attractive Whitstable suburb of Tankerton, on the north east coast of Kent, Mucini is a small family-run restaurant which offers a fresh approach to traditional Italian and Mediterranean cuisine. We invite you to sit comfortably in our tastefully appointed dining room where you can experience at close hand the sights, sounds and aromas of our Sicilian chef at work in the intimate open kitchen. Seating is also available outside, should you wish to dine 'al-fresco'. Why Mucini? Dining at Mucini has been described by one visitor as 'a truly theatrical experience' in recent testimonials, whereas other satified customers have described Mucini as 'an intimate restaurant with lots of character and so different from the usual high street chains'.
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I went to mucini's with my family for my Birthday recently and I have to say it was fantastic. I had the sardines a starter and venison as a main course- which was tender, tasty and superbly presented. The apple tiramusu was out of this world, i had never tried this recipe before but I actaully enjoyed it more than the traditional coffee one.
The chef was so helpful and friendly and came to talk to us, offering us some homemade bread.
I cant wait to visit this restaurant again, maybe for the Italian meze night which sounded lovely. I will certainly recommend to all of my friends.

2  Thank fernaldo p

Reviewed 26 November 2011

One good thing about having a few years in your rear view mirror is the ability to differentiate really good food and wine from the mediocre. The food at Mucini really is as good as the previous reviews have claimed - You have to try it for yourself; you will not be disappointed. Incredible cooking, superb touches, perfect blend of flavours, outstanding chef.

The restaurant has only been open for 6 months and needs a little more work on small touches to lift the ambiance, as for me it is a little spartan. I am sure that that will happen as the business grows.

The only criticism for me and I emphasise that this is purely subjective, is the wine list. A good, varied choice of some excellent wines....but the reds are a little too young. I appreciate that it is important to offer good value but the food is so good, it deserves to be partnered with a couple of really fine older wines.

Whilst a totally different dining experience, Mucini snaps at the heels of the Sportsman for excellence in this area.

1  Thank CentroStorico
Reviewed 13 November 2011

On recommendation we decided to visit the "new" italian in town only to find it fully booked! We then booked a table for the following Friday night and were not disappointed. The service was second to none and the food equally as good. We will definately be returning this time with friends.

1  Thank R133
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I went to Mucini with a friend of mine on a friday night, they were fully booked but had a nice seating arrangement outside with heat lamps, and as it was unseasonably warm still we opted to sit outdoors. It was very pleasant and a nice atmosphere. The restaurant itself is quite small but you can see your food being cooked which is always a plus in my opinion. The menu is short compared to most but everything was done to a high standard. I had a very simple pesto pasta which tasted a lot more than simple! Good wine list, nice atomsphere, friendly staff and quality food.

1  Thank DanielleButton
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Were made to feel very welcome immediately we entered. Offered the table with rather striking zebra skin chairs in the window alcove, but opted to have a centre table overlooking the kitchen. The attention we had was excellent, without being ovrpowering.
I loved my starter of meatballs on spinach, and really adored the veal chop I had for my main course. Beautifully tender with lots of delicious sauce including (I think!) capers and lemon juice. Had a hazlenut cream with ice cream to follow - Superb! Will go again, but as it is rather expensive, perhaps only for a "special occasion"