“Bellisima!!”

Ranked #18 of 134 Restaurants in Whitstable
Price range: US$13 - US$66
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Mucini Italian Kitchen. Set in the attractive Whitstable suburb of Tankerton, on the north east coast of Kent, Mucini is a small family-run restaurant which offers a fresh approach to traditional Italian and Mediterranean cuisine. We invite you to sit comfortably in our tastefully appointed dining room where you can experience at close hand the sights, sounds and aromas of our Sicilian chef at work in the intimate open kitchen. Seating is also available outside, should you wish to dine 'al-fresco'. Why Mucini? Dining at Mucini has been described by one visitor as 'a truly theatrical experience' in recent testimonials, whereas other satified customers have described Mucini as 'an intimate restaurant with lots of character and so different from the usual high street chains'.
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Have visited this restaurant quite a few times now and I have to say I have never been disappointed. The food is always top standard and fresh, the chef is always helpful, friendly and puts himself out to meet my allergy requirements. My favourite dish is the spaghetti vongole, delicious! The daily specials are also amazing and include lots of meat and fish dishes. I would recommend this little gem to anybody visiting the surrounding areas. Easy to park and super service and food!

2  Thank Annie C

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I visited this restaurant last night with my sister for girlie night out and catch-up. After reading the reviews on tripadvisor and in the local paper, we were really looking forward to it. However, the starter I asked for was not available and the steaks we had were full of fat and gristle. When asked by the waitress if all was okay we said no, the steaks were terrible. She sent the chef out and he said that it was just the cut of the steak and did not offer to do anything about it. Our coffees were cold and the waitress kept embarrassingly hovering over us for payment of the bill whilst we were having a private conversation. It was very expensive too for what it was. Only positive thing we could say was the music was fab! However, neither of us will be returning unfortunately.

6  Thank Linatchestfield
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Visited this restaurant for the third time and this time took my son and his partner.
I cannot fault this place. The food was excellent as was the efficient and discreet service.
This is probably the best Italian food I have eaten.
I have a nut allergy, no problem here the Chef was fully aware of this problem and as all the ingredients to the meals and sauces are prepared by the chef he knows exactly what is in what.
This is totally different to another meal that I had recently at another restaurant as the staff had to use charts to work out what was in the " bought in" products.

1  Thank dave k
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Went with my sister and brother-in-law Saturday evening. The restaurant has great ambience and there is an open kitchen. The starters were really flavoursome and just enough. The main course was tasteful with the right amount of seasoning. The wine was great and altogether a lovely experience. I will certainly go back.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Paid our first visit here last night. Booked a table for 7pm and arrived just before. The welcome was warm and friendly and within half an hour the place was full of happy people. Excellent service and the food was totally amazing, meat balls to die for, swordfish was fantastic. Have to go back to try the desserts as we were both so full. Keep up the good work.

1  Thank LizS123