“Another great evening”

Ranked #19 of 127 Restaurants in Whitstable
Price range: US$32 - US$58
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Mucini Italian Kitchen. Set in the attractive Whitstable suburb of Tankerton, on the north east coast of Kent, Mucini is a small family-run restaurant which offers a fresh approach to traditional Italian and Mediterranean cuisine. We invite you to sit comfortably in our tastefully appointed dining room where you can experience at close hand the sights, sounds and aromas of our Sicilian chef at work in the intimate open kitchen. Seating is also available outside, should you wish to dine 'al-fresco'. Why Mucini? Dining at Mucini has been described by one visitor as 'a truly theatrical experience' in recent testimonials, whereas other satified customers have described Mucini as 'an intimate restaurant with lots of character and so different from the usual high street chains'.
kent
“Another great evening”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Just reached our 20th Anniversary and decided to celebrate at Mucini's. We have been to this restaurant several times now and again we were not disappointed. This has to be the best Italian restaurant for miles around - if not in the whole of Kent. Food is always the best and staff are always attentive, friendly, and efficient. If you haven't been there yet then do yourself a favour and give it a try....you will love it....I promise and, like us, you will go back again and again.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank cassymac

Kent, England, United Kingdom
“Worst meal of my life”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Myself & my partner visited this restaurant on Friday night, and I can honestly say was the worst meal I've had in my life.
After eating our 'edible' starters, our mains came out 1 hour later. On first appearances the two mains (steak & veal) looked disgusting but we thought we'd give it a go.
After a few bites my partner swiftly went the the loo.
I was at the table on my own quite a while (was getting increasingly worried about my partner) by this time the waitress came over and I said we were not happy with the meals. I asked for medium and my steak was rare with the sauce slapped on top and under cooked potatoes wedges.
Once my partner returned from the toilet and I asked him what was wrong, he said thank goodness u removed the mains as I was in there gagging. He had sardines to start which looked like from a tin & a bit if salad so he just said the main tipped him overthe edge. Plus a used tapas on the floor was making him even worse.
The chef came over and apologised and started giving me a rubbish excuse for the rare steak.
In the end they charged us £40 and we left starving.
Will never ever return.

Visited June 2014
7 Thank Anni907
lozWhitstable, Manager at Mucini Italian Kitchen, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your meal at Mucini's. As the chef tried to explain on the night, ( which fell on deaf ears) the steak was marinated in a paprika sauce prior to cooking which made the appearance of the meat slightly pink. As for all of the food you ate, there was absolutely no problem with it. All of our food is fresh and tasty and certainly not tinned! As for the veal, which is by the way one of our best sellers, the remarks are a joke..... I must say a few of the other customers in the restaurant did have a little laugh about your comments when you left as they ate the same and said it was the best they had ever tasted. Gregg Wallis ( master chef) was in again yesterday and ate the same and thinks your comments are absurd! ( but I suppose you know food better).... Maybe you thought it would be deep fried? Your comments are offensive and rude - may I suggest you eat your steak at maybe a harvester or such like in future as I think it would be more suited..
Orlando, Florida
“Pasta at your Peril!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

After reading the effusive reviews on TripAdvisor, we sought out this small restaurant with much anticipation. After being shown to our table by the toilet (mysteriously with a sign saying "Coffee" on the door which led to all the customers' confusion) we waited for a quarter of an hour before being given our menu and a further quarter of an hour before being asked if we would like a drink (!!). After ordering, we then waited an entire HOUR before being served our meal. The waitress was apologetic and we were given a "complimentary" 5 olives on a saucer, and waited after a further remonstration with the waitress until the chef came to apologise and said their had been a mix-up and we had been forgotten. The meal consisted of a poorly executed plate of pasta with plain sauce with the same olives and my wife could have knocked this fare up for the entire room in less than 20 minutes. The icing on the cake was the incorrectly priced bill. Needless to say, we will not return to this totally amateurish operation. The waitresses were pleasant and apologetic but this and a "free" glass of wine in no way compensated for an appalling experience.

• Visited July 2013
6 Thank Privatewiddle1956
“A French Italian the best food combo! ”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

My fiance and I have been enjoying the food at mucini with our friends and family over the last year or so! We have never been disappointed. From the beautiful food to the impeccable service, a treat from every angle. Of course this would be expected from a French Italian owner!
The stunning, delightfully friendly staff are polite and attentive.
Worth a visit for just a taste of the sublime semifredo!

Whitstable, United Kingdom
“Discovered a little gem.”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This was my first visit to this small but welcoming restaurant. Interesting menu which is a pleasant change from the large Italian chain style restaurants. Staff were very friendly and service efficient but not to the point where you felt rushed. Calves liver can be recommended as can the salmon. I didn't try any of the pasta dishes but saw some interesting dishes on other tables. Prices were reasonable for the quality of food and I would recommend this as a great restaurant for couples and small intimate meals. It has just the right ambience and my only disappointment is that I didn't discover it earlier. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited May 2014