“Overall an amazing experience tonight.. I would definitely recommend !!”
Review of The Royal

The Royal
Ranked #58 of 127 Restaurants in Whitstable
Price range: US$10 - US$23
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Overall an amazing experience tonight.. I would definitely recommend !!”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Upon arrival we were greeted by a welcoming waitress and lead to a sea view table, the atmosphere of the restaurant was lovely and orders were quickly made, the menu had a great variety of choices and the board specials were hard to choose from as all sounded tempting. The food was quickly served and at outstanding quality, we thoroughly enjoyed our meals and the service carried out made the experience very pleasurable, I would defiantly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for great service and delicious food. Thankyou to all the staff !! 14.09.2013

• Visited September 2013

Whitstable, United Kingdom
“Parsons egg, still!”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Better experience than the last time. We had a family reunion and had a few fussy relatives who wanted ordinary food. Half of us enjoyed it, the other half didn't receive what they had ordered. Off the board the food was good, from the menu very iffy. Half those who had fish thought it was great, the other half wished they had ordered something else. The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. Overall price reasonable. Interestingly, being a Saturday it was very quiet despite the weather being warm which could indicate previous customers were avoiding it. The management really needs to up its game and offer a consistent experience and should grateful the staff does its very best. My title says it all.

united kingdom
“Poor veggie food”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We came here for Sunday lunch. The location is great, we we found the service to be slow and the veggie option, a vegetable risotto, had very little risotto and had been baked with about an inch of cheese on top - not impressive at all.

Basildon, United Kingdom
“Ami (or Amy) is wonderful”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Wow what a great experience. It looks like a standard pub serving food, but it is so much more than that. A Harvester its NOT!
The menu is short but is supplemented by a wonderful specials "board" menu.
I started with a real test of the kitchen, whitebait, which is not a dish that mediocre kitchens should attempt as you either see too much coating then they are crunchy or not enough which means they are either limp or become just solid. The whitebait were perfectly coated and beautifully cooked
Main course was Veal escalope in a peppercorn sauce, another highly risky dish as veal is amazingly easy to overcook and poor quality veal is foul. Again beautifully cooked with perfect saute potatoes. If I were to offer any criticism it would be that the sweded mash was a little lumpy and unexciting
For desert I had a Lemon brulee (frozen) a new experience for me, but very nicely flavoured with a nice layer of brulee on th top
The waitress was exceptional, her attention to detail and her desire to please were beyond reproach.
I strongly urge you to viit this quite exceptional pub! Better to book if you go on a popular night with a largish group.

1 Thank Hoppityskip
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sunday lunch”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Very nice meal had a bit of a wait but to be expected due to busy weekend staff took rather to long to clear plates and waited to order desserts and still waited two waitress were to busy outside chatting to each other we then gave up and left party of seven so they lost that order for desserts.

steedyo, Owner at The Royal, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Sorry to hear that the service has let you down, on what was otherwise a nice meal for you. Yes, we were busy but that does not mean the level of service we provide should slip. I have spoken to the waitresses concerned and I thank you for bringing it to my attention. I hope to see you again soon and you can enjoy some more food with us.