“Best ice cream cone in town!” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Beach Cafe
Ranked #18 of 121 Restaurants in Whitstable
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Best ice cream cone in town!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We pop over to Whitstable often for a walk by the sea. A few weeks ago we discovered the Beach Cafe,had some great food. Whilst there we noticed a queue of people waiting to buy an ice cream. We now know why!!. The best cone" 99" we have ever tasted. The quality of the ice cream is superb and lots of it to, all for only £1.20.

• Visited August 2014

London
“Awkward!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

This wasn't our first visit to The Beach Cafe, our first being a few months ago in the quieter season. On this occasion the cafe was busy and whilst our order was taken quickly and politely by a nice young man we had to wait rather a long time for food. When it did eventually arrive my husbands order was wrong and the lady was rather rude suggesting it was our fault...he ate it anyway! We were then party to a loud argument from the kitchen between the lady and (we found out later) her husband. Now, I like Fawlty Towers as much as the next person but really it was a bit unprofessional and we weren't the only ones made to feel slightly awkward. All in all not a bad place for breakfast and a reminder that not everyone should work with the public or in fact their spouse!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Mrsbub
Singapore, Singapore
“Great breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Had a big English breakfast here this morning... It took a while to come up but the waitress was very apologetic and explained they had a new chef. The food was worth the wait, quality produce and cooked well. Keep the new chef!

2 Thank frostie83
“Owner of beach cafe is terribly rude and has no idea of customer service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I started going to beach cafe on a regular bases as they allow dogs. Food is basic but okay, a very average place but convenient. My dog has always been allowed to sit on the chair due to back problems he has never sat on the floor. After attending beach cafe many times, one of the staff said my dog was not allowed to sit on chair. I was slightly confused and asked to speak to the owner. She stormed over with such an attitude and voiced her opinion in such an aggressive way to my shock. I could not eat the food I had ordered as I was mortified by her behaviour. If you are happy to except average food with bad attitude from the owner, then I suggest you go!

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Cherylepps
Cork
“Really nice, could use a little more variety”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

The food here is always reliably good and the service friendly and laid back. My only suggestion would be to experiment a bit more, have some salads, bigger variety in sandwiches or maybe more breakfast options. Im not a huge fan of full english so the choice is a little limited for me. But overall it is enjoyable.

Visited February 2014