“Great fish and chips”

Ranked #7 of 136 Restaurants in Whitstable
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Ate in restaurant rather than takeaway. Excellent fish and chips. Reasonably priced. Friendly service. It isn't the Ritz, it's a fish and chip shop so it gets top marks for that.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We had a sit down fish and chip meal in the attached diner and it was fantastic.Quality fish cooked to order,crispy fluffy chips,delicious batter and amazing value.We ordered Haddock,Rock,chips,peas and salad and with tea it came to £13,served with a smile and eaten with big grins.Some places rely on their position in town for custom and serve disappointing food,Ossie's is the antidote to them.Superb.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

We are now regular visitors along with friends and family who agree, Ossies is worth the travel every time. The staff are great, the food is cooked to perfection. I thought we had the perfect fish & chips locally! How wrong was I! So pleased we found Ossies we feel like part of the family now. Big thanks to Ossie & Team & Mel the waitress who make us feel so welcome every time.
Dave & Michelle

1  Thank DiddydeBruin
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I got takeaway last Wednesday evening about 7pm, the food was not stockpiled, I had to wait for the Sausage I'd ordered to be cooked. It didn't take long, but was cooked well and my husband enjoyed it. It wasn't expensive, and you get a lot for your money.
I had fish and chips, in hindsight I should have ordered the regular fish, but I had my piggy eyes on and ordered large... It was very large, too much for me really. The Cod was lovely, large chunks and the batter was done well.
The chips were lovely too.
If ever back Tankerton way, I would definately use Ossies again, they even have a sit in restaurant attached.

1  Thank tracy80bristol
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

Maybe I'm hard to please or the reviews on here are a little Suss.
Food is always stockpiled in the hot hold. Nothing made to order.
Meaning all food comes out rock hard.
Price is average. Service is actually pretty good.
But plenty of better chip shops in and around town if its good fresh grub you're after

2  Thank Musicman82