“Terrible, rude service”

Ossie's Best Fish and Chips
Ranked #7 of 123 Restaurants in Whitstable
Cuisines: Seafood, Fast food, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Terrible, rude service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

I went with my family during the recent spell of good weather. There was a queue when we arrived so, following the system tried and tested in every fish and chip shop I have been in, I asked the fryer to put in two haddocks so they would be ready. A very rude man told me "not to jump the queue", which I was certainly not doing. Astounded, I waited my turn quietly. When I got to order – two haddocks and chips, also a small cod and chips for our 2-year old – I was then told it would be 10 minutes to wait. I pointed out that that was why I had asked them to put 2 haddocks in the fryer. The man again was rude to me, telling me everyone has to wait.

Realising that plenty of cods were ready I asked for cod instead. So the man threw things into the bag with such bad grace and started muttering under his breath. They also charged me for the haddock even though the cod was £0.50 each cheaper.

A terrible, rude service spoiled the food and I would recommend this place either replace their staff or learn how to treat customers.

• Visited March 2014

“Hope you are hungry.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

I visit regularly. Fresh. Good. Good value. Very generous portions. Good to get food here and sit on Tankerton Slopes nearby.

Whitstable, Kent
“freshly cooked”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

Everything here is freshly cooked and doesnt come dripping fat or oil. Some of the best fish n chips in the area

Visited January 2014
Kent, United Kingdom
“Great fish and chips”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

Ate in restaurant rather than takeaway. Excellent fish and chips. Reasonably priced. Friendly service. It isn't the Ritz, it's a fish and chip shop so it gets top marks for that.

• Visited November 2013
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Beat this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

We had a sit down fish and chip meal in the attached diner and it was fantastic.Quality fish cooked to order,crispy fluffy chips,delicious batter and amazing value.We ordered Haddock,Rock,chips,peas and salad and with tea it came to £13,served with a smile and eaten with big grins.Some places rely on their position in town for custom and serve disappointing food,Ossie's is the antidote to them.Superb.

• Visited October 2013