Convenient location and great views overlooking the sea.
Cost on a Friday or Saturday all year round was ridiculous for size of room and not even a wardrobe (single hook in the wall!) or bin (petite one in the bathroom) in the room. In need of some repairs but well hidden by cleanliness.
Staff were reasonable friendly but not over welcoming - one looking rather oddly at my girlfriend as we arrived for breakfast. several polish housekeepers chilling in the storeroom was amusing I suppose!
Overall only average at fairly high cost although as the Sunday was a lower rate it was averaged out. I'd have been very disappointed if I'd paid for a Friday and Saturday!
Not sure if come again; I'd avoid weekends to get a sensible cost and look around before booking.
To top it all reception tried to overcharge me by £40 as she failed to grasp the rate card and did not even ask me how my stay was; perhaps for the best as I might have said too much!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Continental is the only hotel in Whitstable that enjoys a seafront location within 5 mins walk of the centre of the town. The rooms are currently undergoing a major refurbishment so be sure to ask reception for details. We also manage the very popular Fisherman's Huts accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Continental reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Continental Hotel Whitstable
- Hotel Continental Whitstable, Kent